Festive Frolics 2021 - Aftermath and pics

What bike is everyone on?

Gravel will be quicker on road bits, but narrow tyres and no mudguards if it’s wet and boggy. My usual winter bike is my plus bike but is the polar opposite.

Looking forward to this, been a long week cooped up with the family.

I'm going for comfort first and foremost as my old bod just can't handle the committed ride style of an xc bike anymore. So for me it's my sit up and beg Trek FX hybrid with 38mm wide tyres. I'll just have to deal with the boggy ground as best I can to trade up to easier hardpack/tarmac riding, the drag of fat rubber can be tiring over distance 😊
Super unfit, be first group ride in months, but it'll be good to see you guys.
See you the morra at Pittencreiff Park. I presume the car park is the one in the North West corner of the park opposite the car dealership?

Ok lads, attached is the meeting point in pittencrieff park. It’s the main carpark and usually loads of spaces.

For satnav use the pub across the road

Glen tavern 110-112 Pittencrieff St, Dunfermline KY12 8AN

Meeting time is 10.15am with intention to be away at 10.30.

For those travelling there is the earlier optional earlier meet at my hoose say around 9.30 latest with less parking for a breakfast roll. If you let me know below if ye are coming for a roll as I’ll be going to the coop in morning,

The ride will be in region of 3 hours I recko but as said above it’s more of a leisurely social ride than a cx race.

Attachments

• F7D05FC0-E58E-4DCC-818E-38D056921430.jpeg
    F7D05FC0-E58E-4DCC-818E-38D056921430.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2
Think I’ll be on the gravel bike to make it a bit interesting, having said that clubby on the +bike has got me thinking about using the Solaris hard tail and 2.8s

Think I’ll be on the gravel bike to make it a bit interesting, having said that clubby on the +bike has got me thinking about using the Solaris hard tail and 2.8s
Ps I’ve ridden route on both gravel and hardtail with shona. It’s good on either, but there is a fair bit of cycle path mixed with the tracks etc, so it’s a choice of easier ride on the gravel bike, or a bit more of a workout on the hardtail,

I’m now leaning towards plus hardtail.

So I think we hsve
Me
Clubby
Velo
OCP
tangled feet
Kenny
Benji possibly

I’ve let the fast lads know it’s a slower pace ride.

Last edited:
I'm feeling a lot better so I've decided to come and see how I go. Bike is ready with mildly knobbly 35mm tyres.
I'll see you at the car park.

Good news is I’m testing negative for the Rona 😁. Still isolating or I’d be there tomorrow. Hope it’s a good day for you all, hope to see you at the next ride.

Back