Autumn gravel/xc social ride

keithyr

MacRetro Rider
Date either Sunday 16th October or Sat/sun 22nd/23rd to suit the majority
Route options
4 or 5 lochs depending on where we start, townhill loch, loch fitty, lochore, loch Leven (part) and then into Perth/Kinross to loch glo. Options for cafe stops.
OR
Glen farg railway tunnels. Pub lunch option.

Let me know if interested and availability. If it’s pishin rain I’ll postpone it.

As you all know I’m not the most organised ride organiser so be prepared!

I’ll get back to you on this a bit nearer the time but it sounds good to me 👍.

Haven’t been told I’ve anything on those weekends, so either option suits.

okey doke lets tie it down to the weekend of 22nd/23rd. Sunday would be preferable but can do either day, keen to get as many folk as poss.

Lets also aim on doing glen farg railway tunnels as this is a lvoely ride if not wet. Starting point will be at the Clink carpark in Pitmedden. We will then make our way round the forest fire roads heading north then west to the tunnels. Retruning via the Bein Inn for a lunch/pint stop.

Note lights will be needed for the tunnels!

Aiming for a gravel type ride (xc hardtail will also be fine), relaxed social pace. there are a couple of road climbs on the west side of the tunnels loop but nothing too bad.

I have the ugliest Falcon gas pipe based road/gravel bike earmarked for this ride to counterpoint Clubby's wonder gravel bike just like last time although not the same one as last time. This one's a proper gate but with 26er wheels and 140mm long cranks, very weird but very comfy. My mojo has partially returned as long as I keep it weird😂🤣

Saying “preferably Sunday” isn’t the same as saying “it is the Sunday”!

Back