Festive Frolics 2021 - Aftermath and pics

DISASTER!!! I’m gonna need to bow out 😢. My son came home for Xmas, tested positive on the 27th. We got tested yesterday and I’ve got covid. Somehow the wife and daughter are still free of it. Son has gone back home (26th) so now im confined to one room in the house for ten days. Can’t come out to play till after Friday the 7th. Gutted doesn’t quite cover it 😔 I was looking forward to a day on the bike. Sorry guys.

Booger, kids are just walking culture vessels for bugs. If your one of the technically clued in then now is the time for a boxset splurge of drama etc on the telly box. Keep well, keep warm and get better mate.

As for the deafness in the left ear Hawmaw, that's just auld age. I'm half deaf in the right ear, got a hearing aid and everything. Use it to your advantage, you can't hear folk asking for stuff......... WHAT, SPEAK UP, STOP MUMBLING 😁

I’m bored of the tele already. What’s even worse is that I don’t have any bike related stuff to do. I’ve been after a new project for months now but nothing on the horizon. It’s gonna be a long ten days 😔.

Get on the numerous Facebook bicycle related groups, they have saved my sanity. Cycloshite is my favourite but also member of Raleigh and Dawes groups and others. All free and loads of like minded nutters to chat with.
Best bit is if you know something there is always someone pleased to learn and vice versa.

Slight issue lads, the superb cafe I had planned for stopping at in Limekilns is shut, looks like the only week of the year They actually close which I never even thought of.

So back up plans are:
Biscuit cafe in culross appears to be open.
The Charleston inn is def open and doing lunches etc. this is probably the best bet. They also do a mean mojito by the way. Plenty of outside tables in a nice setting.
Bruce arms pub in Limekilns is open but no food. We can probably get coffee and possibly a scone but definitely a pint.
Cafe wynd in dunfermline I think is open.

Weather is looking dry, looking forward to it.

Back