Fat Chance Yo Eddy - 1990 MBUK Summer Special super bike tribute

Photo of the spec as it is now.

image0.jpeg

Main change was a result of a nice story at Malvern last year.

It now has the complete graphite Campag groupset. I'd been waiting and waiting for an NOS one and then at Malvern last year, I was speaking to some of the guys who had built the Zinn for Sally and they were sad they'd not managed to source a silver campag mech, they could only find the graphite one! My eyes lit up, and before you could say, pass the allen key, we were swapping the mech's over so Sally got the correct one and I got completed my graphite search.

90s me alway had coloured tyres, so these Herbold ones stay on until I can find some white Onza or Red Ritchey WCS.

I've been through about 8 stems on this build and I'm still not sure I'm happy with that, but the rest is perfect in my eyes :)

Loving the attention to detail. Looks amazing 😎 Never been a huge fan if these stems and the face plates are sketchy. A black Salsa roller would maybe suite the tubing proportions better imo but Im a bit picky.

Loving the attention to detail. Looks amazing 😎 Never been a huge fan if these stems and the face plates are sketchy. A black Salsa roller would maybe suite the tubing proportions better imo but Im a bit picky.
I've gone with the Ringle, because its what I would have had back then. I loved them. But yes I agree its not quite right. I've tried Salsa, Cook Bros, Answer and the Ringle so far. The Ringle is the one I'm most happy with, but I'm still not content.

I've gone with the Ringle, because its what I would have had back then. I loved them. But yes I agree its not quite right. I've tried Salsa, Cook Bros, Answer and the Ringle so far. The Ringle is the one I'm most happy with, but I'm still not content.
Ibis ti stem. Go w/ 12cm.

It will fit better and give sharper handling. Titanium will look good there.
I think a bikes stem and seatpost should match, it upsets me enough that Campag made a post and no stem. I think I might try and find a Tioga T-Bone, but all the ones I've seen have crazy rise. I really want zero degree, but finding 1" quill stems, ideally with noodle isn't easy.

I think a bikes stem and seatpost should match, it upsets me enough that Campag made a post and no stem. I think I might try and find a Tioga T-Bone, but all the ones I've seen have crazy rise. I really want zero degree, but finding 1" quill stems, ideally with noodle isn't easy.
I have a T Bone on my wicked. Fats have short head tubes so the 15 degree rise fits great there.

Back