Fat Chance Yo Eddy - 1990 MBUK Summer Special super bike tribute

Ha! what a fine build - I rember so well reading that MBUK test over and over - in my own GCSE back of exercise book build I decided FAT Chance frameset & PACE racing parts for the win - was not keen either on the Bulleye hubset either.

For stem options - clearly geometry is the decider - if it suited size wise how about revisiting the very fine Ibis titanium stem - and sending it to Leni Fried Titanium Arts for annodizing in style that suited? ( there is also a neat FAT City link with Leni’s work on the 10th Anniv. head badges😎

I have always been a fan of Bullseye hubs. They just roll forever, much smoother than XTs. Have them on my 89 Team Comp from new and they have been properly hammered since then, landing flat from jumps thousands of times, touring around europe etc and still going strong. Ringles by comparison are just made of cheese.

Leni Fried, huge fan, love her frame work. I asked her 3/4yrs ago about painting a frame. $6000 and up was her rate back then. Makes Ali @ FATCREATIONS at 1/6th of that even better value, so the Yo went to him for his mastery.

I have always been a fan of Bullseye hubs. They just roll forever, much smoother than XTs. Have them on my 89 Team Comp from new and they have been properly hammered since then, landing flat from jumps thousands of times, touring around europe etc and still going strong. Ringles by comparison are just made of cheese.

Leni Fried, huge fan, love her frame work. I asked her 3/4yrs ago about painting a frame. $6000 and up was her rate back then. Makes Ali @ FATCREATIONS at 1/6th of that even better value, so the Yo went to him for his mastery.
oh, they are great hubs, I've owned a few over the years.

my problem was purely cosmetic, red/white/blue hubs on the pink/white/green bike should be a no go.

For a funky bike like this you need to go the whole nine yards 😋View attachment 715763
Wow some awesome colour combos there…

Love the purple - green combo😎 oh snd the silver-lavender combo 😎😎

My earlier comment on Bullseye hubs was purely for my personal taste that the red / white / blue stylee was not to my taste or a nice match for FAT colour scheme - but it does seem to be there signature look which I respect.

A old school friend had a set on his Trimble and looked rad + worked fine in the British gloop.

The plainer PACE RC50s we felt were a bit of British take on Bullseye & it would be interesting to learn more if there was any inspiration drawn from them

Back