Fat Chance 1992 Yo Eddy Rebuild

chrisv40":1x451dtc said:
firedfromthecircus":1x451dtc said:
Why do people keep bumping this when there hasn't been an update since March?

Let's make a rule that no-one is allowed to post until WD posts!

Why?

Is no one allowed to show an interest in another members thread now?

'cos every time it gets bumped I think 'Oh goody. WD has done some more fantastic work.' only to be disappointed when I find out that isn't the case! :facepalm:

A bit late subscribing, but as I have a 1993 Team Violet Yo, I am very interseted in how this is gonna end up.

WD Pro":2puzl0cv said:
unkleGsif":2puzl0cv said:
I thought it was just the geek in him

You are right ... :oops: :LOL:

I have never been overly excited with brazed joints, not sure why ?

Add them onto a tig'd frame and it's wrong, just doesn’t sit right with me :?

Add into the mix that I don’t think they are particularly neat brazed joints (I will try and get some pictures to highlight what I mean) and it's just to much for my OCD … :LOL:

I have allays liked neat welds, not sure why, but it is important to me and I like the look and appreciate the work / skill to create them :cool: (I have C&G in mig / mild steel and tig / ally).

Before I traded this frame I did some research and came across pictures of a yo frame that had been repaired / seat tube replaced (same frame has just sold on here). I was very impressed with the quality of the repair, judge for yourself :

Needless to say this is the frame builder who's waiting list I am on … ;)

WD :D

My frame!

And here it is post Argos...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 597
I'll be sending my Fat Chance Shock a Billy to Argos cycles after Christmas for an aquafade paint job. If it comes out like that I'm going to be very happy :)

Minifreak":3rq2laft said:
I'll be sending my Fat Chance Shock a Billy to Argos cycles after Christmas for an aquafade paint job. If it comes out like that I'm going to be very happy :)

They did a bang up job.

Sorted any dimples etc the made it shiny!

I've seen your shock a billy thread, very jealous!

I aqua faded the lowers of my 1" SIDs and now wish I went for something contrasting.

There are some Judy SL's on here that I might take if they don't sell...

Back