Explosif frame 18" 1994 inc. seatclamp + cable guide

urbanfireblade

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi, i'm selling my newly resprayed! Kona Explosif frame, i'll start by explaining :roll:
i blame my mate 20,000% as i wasn't looking to sell my Explosif! BUT! He bought a Kula Deluxe bike and a Tomac Revolver full sus frame on ebay and swopped the Kula bits onto the Tomac and hence had this Kula frame sitting there. Being 16" and i ride 17/18" he said take it and 'put some wheels on it' etc to see if it'll fit me. Well needless to say the Explosif was stripped down that evening :LOL: and after a bit of bartering i got myself a Kula Deluxe! Lol, so totally unexpectidly i'm now selling the Explosif i spent hours and hours on to get it looking beautiful!
The colour is called Cipria Gentilescha Metallic, is a two-pack paint, i have some of the paint left in the tin should you wish to spray forks etc to match. Its a standard Fiat/Lancia colour so 'off the shelf'. (if i had to describe it, i'd say its a champagne silver with a hint of rose red and tinge of brown!!!)
I had this built up for approx. 5 days(sat 29th may-wed 2nd june), Lol. I've gone overboard on the clear frame protectors on it, so the chainstay, area around the BB and headtube all have the clear protector patches on. Has been ridden approx. 13-15miles on the road.
Measures 18" from centre of bb to top of seat tube, 15" centre of bb to centre of top tube, and 22" centre-centre top tube length.
The only 'mark' is where the front mech clamps round the seat tube, its not gone through the paint, but more like left a mark from where it gets tightened up.
It was sprayed by a professional custom paint sprayer, not me.
Frame is perfectly straight, i have alot of pics of it in my gallery, and a pic of my Kula :D
Comes with seatpost clamp and rear brake cable guide and the leftover of the paint(in a tin).

£120 posted, or your welcome to collect it, i'm in Bognor Regis, West Sussex, about 20mins east of Portsmouth on the South coast.

May201003530.jpg

May201003430.jpg

May201003330.jpg

May201003030.jpg

May2010.jpg

May2010062.jpg

May201001750.jpg

interested in this please mate, could you confirm the serial no by any chance just to confirm its an explosif.

Cheers

Cass

It's definetely an explosif. That's why I put the pic on showing the ribbed downtube and swelling at the bottom of the seatpost. I can't make out the number now it's been painted. Only parts of numbers. Sorry.

urbanfireblade":n4z6ca6q said:
ive looked at all my pics i have of it beforehand and none were taken at an angle that can identify the number.

You don't need to fella, only the '94 explosif has the ribbed ultrastrong downtube and those dropouts If I remember correctly, the Kilauea of the same year was prestige concept but lacked the same downtube ;)

Great price btw and a free bump...If I didn't have my Hot with a similar frame I would be interested :)

Thanks! Good to have someone confirm what im saying! Lol.
I can make out maybe 2 of the numbers but that ain't much good. :roll:

I thought you were blaming me 20,000% then!

I can also confirm this is an explosive and that the pics don't do it justice!

Btw mate did you wanna go on that ride today?

Back