Withdrawn Dave Yates Vulcan frame

its shows just how much of what was happening back then was experimental/evolution.

A Yates e-stay with Columbus Max...., thats a lot of History right there.

Chris,
Just wanted to say thank you for honouring your word and giving me the first refusal. True gent. 👍
In a way I am glad it turned out too small for me, and glad you’ll be keeping it. As you said it’s been your dream bike after all, and a really rather special one at that.
Looking forward to seeing it built and cherished.

@incorrigible , good luck with the search. Hope you’ll find that one, truly special Dave.

All the best.

Last edited:
Heh @incorrigible, sorry this didn't work out for you, but it switches the pressure on @Spanky22b to make a start on pulling this beautiful frame together into some sort of build so we can get to see more glimpses of this beauty take shape.

Always happy to flag-up any interesting e-stays for you and I think I remember you saying a 17.5" is your size?
Thanks @27motorhead. I appreciate that. Perhaps I can return the favor: what are you looking for?

Yes, 17.5" c-c is a good size for me; 18"c-c is just a bit to tall, but this Vulcan is 18.5 c-t with the top tube looking to be a couple of inches lower than the top of the seat tube, so I was pretty confident that it would be a good fit.

Last edited:
Thanks @27motorhead. I appreciate that. Perhaps I can return the favor: what are you looking for?

Yes, 17.5" c-c is a good size for me; 18"c-c is just a bit to tall, but this Vulcan is 18.5 c-t with the top tube looking to be a couple of inches lower than the top of the seat tube, so I was pretty confident that it would be a good fit.
That’s very kind @incorrigible, will have a look at my spreadsheet of builds (sounds insane, but it’s the only way I remember things!) and will drop you a PM not to derail the thread.

Although with @sinnerman ’s passive aggressive passionate persuasiveness (wow that’s a mouthful!) it sounds like the Vulcan fan club talk will hopefully continue on a build thread soon! 😜💪👍😎

That’s very kind @incorrigible, will have a look at my spreadsheet of builds (sounds insane, but it’s the only way I remember things!) and will drop you a PM not to derail the thread.

Although with @sinnerman ’s passive aggressive passionate persuasiveness (wow that’s a mouthful!) it sounds like the Vulcan fan club talk will hopefully continue on a build thread soon! 😜💪👍😎
Im glad, my comments came after the seller decided not to sell and not before.😅

Latest posts

Back