For Sale Early Overbury’s Wildcat? 1980s Fillet brazed frame set. Price drop.

doctor-bond

Feature Bike
Next up, a cute Overbury’s frame and fork in need of a new home. 16” C-C seat tube; effective top tube is c. 19.5” / 20”. This is probably a Wildcat model (there is an Overburys advert with the different models somewhere on here). There is no serial number, which suggests Mr Powell was working off the books here - coincidentally, my Andy Powell road bike also has no frame #, so he has form. This had an original XT bottom bracket with a 1984 date code, so I’d say we’re looking at mid 80s. I have some correct era components that could be added depending on your plans.

£165 £115 posted to U.K. mainland. Or could meet in the York area.

IMG_0490.jpeg

It’s fillet brazed and wearing original pink nail polish paint (overspray in the BB shell matches). Nice long horizontal rear dropouts; over bb shell cable routing; campag fork ends. The paint is tatty and needs redoing; the marks on the top tube aren’t dents. One of the rear mudguard eyes is missing. Rear OLN measures 128mm. Seatpost measures 27.0. 68mm BB shell.

IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0491.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely. I don't need a third Overbury's but out of interest, what's the length from centre of bb to top of seat tube?

Swap it for your Nitto fillet faceplate stem? 😉
Tempting but gonna pass - was a little tricky getting hold of that stem… I do have a very beautiful 1” fillet brazed high rise ahead stem and matching forks with a long steerer however. Send me pm if interested :)

Any case good luck with the sale!

Have got Nitto golf club stem and 22mm Nitto riser bars and a choice of period Suntour or Shimano mechs and shifters that could go with this. Also a little later, but fitting silver RM20 6 spd wheels, or Mavic M6 grey anno.

Back