Donnay Carbon(io) Pro 8000

Re: Donnay Carbon Pro 8000 (it's an Alan, honest!)

Mike Muz 67":36egy0wm said:
Looking neat Max, wil you be riding it for DA-EVOs road ride in April ?

And its supposed to be in March, as long as we have a March....

BobCatMax":26hceges said:
finally! some sunshine after a spin out on the CX bike..

wheelsdoneweb_zps0c7177f8.png

Steve's fantastic work on the axle and shoulders
FrontForSteve_zpsc3f75970.png

and that gorgeous rear hub
ThatHub_zpsba25fb2e.png

Looks really nice, purposeful and understated. Cool.

Fluro bar tape then?

:shock:
Huh ? Did I read that right ? :shock:
Tell me more :LOL: :roll:

BTW , slightly off subject , did you see the biathlon today ?

Yeah !

That's it , pink to celebrate the Giro !

In er , May :LOL: :LOL:

I think I've got some yellow tyres somewhere too add a bit of colour too . Now where did I put them ?

trawling through the interwebs on a rare day off (love that my delivery is sometime between 7am and 12pm, which means it's not worth the trip in :) ) and I've discovered this on LGFSS:

Maryann":1760q7lt said:
Donnay is a worldwide known famous tennisracket brand. And in the first half of the nineties they came with a revolutionary carbon racket. To show how strong carbon is, they asked Eddy Merckx for a carbon bike. And Eddy went to Italy and came back with 200 Alan Carbonios. The bikes were divided among tennisplayers (the Donnay starplayer Agassi must have riden the Alan Carbonio), employees and others involved in the Donnay brand.
This beautiful bike is one of that 200 donnay Alan carbonios.

no idea of the truth behind this, but I like it

BobCatMax":p2swwgsl said:
trawling through the interwebs on a rare day off (love that my delivery is sometime between 7am and 12pm, which means it's not worth the trip in :) ) and I've discovered this on LGFSS:

Maryann":p2swwgsl said:
Donnay is a worldwide known famous tennisracket brand. And in the first half of the nineties they came with a revolutionary carbon racket. To show how strong carbon is, they asked Eddy Merckx for a carbon bike. And Eddy went to Italy and came back with 200 Alan Carbonios. The bikes were divided among tennisplayers (the Donnay starplayer Agassi must have riden the Alan Carbonio), employees and others involved in the Donnay brand.
This beautiful bike is one of that 200 donnay Alan carbonios.

no idea of the truth behind this, but I like it

It is interesting as it seems they have a different type of carbon finish / top layer to the Carbonio's. Nice story if its right. Hows the hunt for fluro bar tape going?

hehe, the hunt for fluro bar tape is going very badly. the hunt for nice black bar tape has gone very well thank you.

I've also swapped the stem out for something 10mm shorter, and it definitely helps. May go another 20mm shorter as I'm still verging on uncomfortably stretched out..

Back