Does anyone have or know of a "Marin bear valley SE lady frame 1994" for sale anywhere please?

simonspaghetti

Retro Newbie
Looking for a Marin bear valley SE lady frame 1994? Long story but back in the 90's we were touring in Cuba, roll forward a few years Nancy's Marin was stolen not in Cuba! I'm hoping to find the 'lady version' preferably size S 15.5' or S-M for a birthday..... Any leads much appreciated.

Attachments

• S06_01 Cuba Nancy.jpg
    S06_01 Cuba Nancy.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 29
  • S06_08 Cuba Nancy-Edit-Edit.jpg
    S06_08 Cuba Nancy-Edit-Edit.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 28
There is no 'lady version'. Marin bikes are unisex. IIRC the Bear Valley SE came in a 14" frame measured centre to centre which was about 15.5" c2t, but Marin sized their frames centre to centre. How are you measuring the size?

Last edited:
Not seen one as a mixte frame before. Every day's a school day. That's a different frame to the photos. Not listed in 94 (UK) catalogue. Did you buy it in the US?

It is different but in the intervening years she smashed her ankle up and had to have a titanium one fitted which works pretty well unless it’s cold but makes flinging your leg over the bar slightly more awkward hence the search for the ‘lady’ version. Would settle for a 93 ‘normal’ in an appropriate size! And Or pearls of wisdom about sizing. Do I need to find a 15.5” or was there a 16.5” too? Ta

It is different but in the intervening years she smashed her ankle up and had to have a titanium one fitted which works pretty well unless it’s cold but makes flinging your leg over the bar slightly more awkward hence the search for the ‘lady’ version. Would settle for a 93 ‘normal’ in an appropriate size! And Or pearls of wisdom about sizing. Do I need to find a 15.5” or was there a 16.5” too? Ta
I'm about the same height as Nancy and would ride 15.5" which is actually a 17" in real money (never understood measuring to the centre of the top tube). Any bigger would likely be too big, as the next size up was 17.5" (19").

Back