Covid without the Covid and with the covid

And that makes you scratch your head as well.

I know plenty of people who also have done the same.
Some people would say they are lucky
Others might say irresponsible
But it is what it is

Last edited:
Well, the original variant meant that 80% of those who got it had few or no symptoms. Quite possibly, ibbz et all fall into that category - especially the no symptoms group. Might easily have got it, and not realised. Maybe their social circles are not particularly wide, and relatively isolated. I teach dozens of people each month from all walks of life, and it's an ever changing group. Most, but not all, have had it in some form or another.

My elderly and somewhat vulnerable Dad ignored all of the advice, but did wear a mask when required and he's managed not to get it either (as far as he knows). He did get all of the jabs though.

All I know is that a ton of people who've managed to avoid symptomatic covid in the last couple of years are finally getting the current sub-variants and that it's not particularly nice. Others are on their second or even third infection.

See I have a problem with the no symptoms thing.
I believe its just a way to justify false positive tests and to get elderly thinking that even healthy people are a potential risk.

A lot of scientists have spoken out about this as well, and they get hushed up

I believe its just a way to justify false positive tests and to get elderly thinking that even healthy people are a potential risk.

I don't find it a stretch that lots of people had very mild, even asymptomatic infections. It happens plenty of times with other diseases. Take the common cold - I'll feel a bit run down for maybe an evening then be right as rain - and the missus will be confined to bed for three days. Or vice versa depending on the strain.

One thing, I suspect is true of the asymptomatic - and I think this has been belatedly realised and hence no more mass testing - is they are far less likely to infect others than the strongly symptomatic.

My experience of covid tests has been more that's difficult to get a positive test - at least in the early stages of the infection - than a negative one. And that seems to be true of others on this thread.

That's not to say there won't be false positives. I suspect anyone testing positive after 10 days of infection, for example, is probably mostly dead virus fragments.

All I know is that a ton of people who've managed to avoid symptomatic covid in the last couple of years are finally getting the current sub-variants and that it's not particularly nice. Others are on their second or even third infection.
You can put me in that group. Since 2020 lft and pcr’s have all come back negative when wife’s symptomatic and positive. This week I get the headache and squits….positive test result. Feeling very lethargic and achy.

You see - there’s no such thing as asymptomatic spread of a respiratory virus. No one can contest this as it’s a fact - there’s plenty of big pharma shills prattling on with unscientific unproven and undemonstrated nonsense about ‘could be’ ‘may be’ ‘think’ ‘possibly’ but that’s all pissing in the wind. This is what it all hinges on. If im
Sick and display symptoms I stay home and have always done this for any illness.

You see - there’s no such thing as asymptomatic spread of a respiratory virus. No one can contest this as it’s a fact - there’s plenty of big pharma shills prattling on with unscientific unproven and undemonstrated nonsense about ‘could be’ ‘may be’ ‘think’ ‘possibly’ but that’s all pissing in the wind. This is what it all hinges on. If im
Sick and display symptoms I stay home and have always done this for any illness.
Preaching to the choir my friend.
But yes I agree.

Even though it's very hard to find this information as its buried and this way of thinking is frowned upon

Well, as before, avoided it for two and a half years. Not strictly following the 'roolz' either but am in the vulnerable categories so got the jabs when offered

My friend works at a long established place where diseases and other nasties are looked at so was well informed on what whats were what - certainly nothing conspiratorial. Plus one of my customers was a medical aftercare doctor for Astra Zenica. We discussed a lot and it kept everything in perspective

Seeing antivaccers outside schools was some of the most disturbing scenes I've ever experienced, it brought home how divided society had become. Plus, there was really no way of talking to many of these people - any counter argument was met with the line 'you're sheep! Baaa baaaa'.

My addled brain still fails to comprehnd how it got so vociferous - jabs and vaccination had been commonplace and (almost) accepted by society for nigh on a century, now they were the source of evil propagated by billionaires and cabals

Today, I feel OK, not great but OK. 'artificially tired' is about the short and the long of it.

Now, no more conspiracy stuff please, I need to get the battery changed in the microchip and I've run out of tin foil again

Back