Covid without the Covid and with the covid

I would like to go to work next week, they have been rather nice to me so far. They had to close for ten days themselves last year when everyone got it so they do understand. But I've not been there long and don't want to try their patience

No, no no no.... no. It absolutely wasn't aimed at you, it was directed at my previous post where I rather flippantly said "the pollen count has been quite high lately". Apologies for any confusion

No need for apologies mate, it can be hard to convey meaning and emotion etc in text, always going to be different interpretations from the individual.

Maybe i should have just left my original post at the first line! 🙂

I do hope everyone who is feeling unwell recovers soon, another family member has had it for the last couple of weeks, they are dealing with the actual physical aspects well enough but it came at an important point in their career, which is really saddening for all of us.

I would like to go to work next week, they have been rather nice to me so far. They had to close for ten days themselves last year when everyone got it so they do understand. But I've not been there long and don't want to try their patience

It takes however long it takes. Bloody plague is absolutely rife at the moment.

Honestly, don't rush back. I think I went back too early and have been dealing with low energy for months. This is not something you can just shrug off.

@alpinestars90s

not that i want to get in to an argument about covid but i don't understand why people go on to threads just to be antagonistic to the posters in that thread. it's just plain old boring trolling, dress it up however you want to, you're a troll.

a bunch of us say we've had covid and it sucked, someone said their family member has died, then someone posts some rubbish suggesting it's a con perpetrated by bill gates, you get a reaction and call people stupid.

my reaction will be warning you, if you continue to troll, my reaction will be banning you.

I have three issues with the conspiracy theorists.

One, they inevitably fail to read the ******* room. When I had covid, my conspiracy obsessed friend started sending me links to people who'd died of heart attacks supposedly after having the jab - even though he knew I'd had the jab and that my mum had died of a heart attack the year before (the jab came too late for her - before anyone incorporates that into their loon worldview).

Two, they have no solutions. Who cares if Gates orchestrated it? I can do nothing about it, because strangely he's not in my circle of friends. Vaccinations are some conspiracy to kill us all off? Do we really think that someone - nay thousands - wouldn't have blabbed and that hundreds of thousands of health care staff would just go along with it. And in any case, once we all die of jab induced heart attacks - it's going to be pretty obvious who didn't get jabbed, and "they'll" just shoot the unvaxxed if that's their aim.

Three, they are utterly clueless on the science front. 5G causing covid-19. Give me a break, and go back and re-do your GCSE Science.

And if there is a big conspiracy, how do we know we can trust Google to come up with right definition of ignorance? Or are they one of the good guys?

LGF, hope you both start feeling better soon! I had it back in Jan, had a differnet symptom each day, bogies, then cough, then headache, then just general uuurrrghhhh, then sore throat, then less sore throat, and finally tested positive when I was feeling better from all that. Then I just felt really tired for a week. Someone I know got it the first time around, pre-vaccine, and had no symptoms at all. Then she got it recently after both jabs and a booster and was totally wiped out for a week... There's no conspiracy, just US funded research conducted in a chinese lab that was nowhere near the security level it shuld have been for what they were doing. Or so I read... either way, right now it doesn't appear any worse than a bad flu anymore so I have a hard time understanding what all the fuss is still about. Not being antagonistic, hopefully just realistic. With vaccinations and the way things are now, is it any different to a bad flu year previously? feeling shit and wiped out and staying at home for a week was the norm, at least for me...

my Mrs is in the funeral trade. And yes, last year "trade" was significantly up compared to a bad flu season. This year all appears normal.

Yeah, I think it's a bit worse than flu. Although long lasting post-viral fatigue can be a thing with flu, long covid seems much more prevalent. It's not just deaths, but hospitalisations (and the recovery needed after that), long covid and a bunch of people like myself who while not officially on any long covid list (if there is one) - have had months of feeling under par after it. Thankfully, after 3-4 months - I feel like I've turned a corner. All of these will have a drag on society and the economy.

And to give some succour to the conspiracy theorists, I do think the accidental lab escape theory is highly plausible. But zero chance of getting any of those involved to admit it. Hopefully, there will be some behind the scenes tightening up on what research is done and how regardless.

Back