Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
I’m thinking about moving these two on.....

I know I’d get more money back (but not what I’ve put into them) if I strip and sell them off in bits.... :|

But before I do that, has anyone an un-biased opinion on what they might go for? I’d be offering them partly disassembled for packing...

(More details re spec & build in signature links)

My 25.5” 1984 Majestic

Our Jimmy’s 1977 Cavalier (now with different crank-set)

Attachments

• 18A43A5B-3B1B-4915-9DEF-E5167663CF78.jpeg
    18A43A5B-3B1B-4915-9DEF-E5167663CF78.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 517
  • A8537AEE-D57B-4829-9D33-07A6244C8A3F.jpeg
    A8537AEE-D57B-4829-9D33-07A6244C8A3F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 517
And before any one says “this should be in the what is my road bike worth thread” I really don’t see the point as no one bothers commenting...

legrandefromage":k1515p3o said:
£250 - £350 each but you are already well aware that both are to taste and size

Yes...sort of where I was thinking... both plain tubed.

Madge is probably the "better" bike but made in the thousands... the Cavalier was less popular so a tad rarer but not as "catalogue correct"

I'm making a quick spread sheet with some approximate parts values for each.. to possibly use as a guide, knocking a bit off maybe because I'd like to see them survive

I'm in two minds now.....

The bike originally cost £78, plus £20 of H Lloyd stickers and a £120 Bob Jackson baked enamel paint job... add to that probably around £250 on scrounged parts to get it catalogue so we're looking at around £450 plus a shed load of hours...

Where as she's carrying a conservative estimate of around £500 worth of excellent condition restored parts (prices based on average ebay prices for parts in un-restored/cleaned condition) Plus I think £100 would be a fair price for the frame set.... :|

Going to have a long ride on it tomorrow I think.. :?

Strip and move frames and parts on. Treat it as a project in itself. Get a production line going with mini photo studio etc. I usually wait until I have a few things and do it this way. Far more productive with save sale templates on fleabay.

The History Man":1g6g7xtj said:
Strip and move frames and parts on. Treat it as a project in itself. Get a production line going with mini photo studio etc. I usually wait until I have a few things and do it this way. Far more productive with save sale templates on fleabay.

I think you’re probably right, especially as there are a couple of pieces I’d like to keep for other projects...

Peachy!":tpuafnnm said:
The History Man":tpuafnnm said:

I think you’re probably right, especially as there are a couple of pieces I’d like to keep for other projects...
Sadly that's the long and short of it.

After I've done all the work I much prefer selling them whole but it seems there's much more of a parts market than there is for whole bikes and probably why I have a garage full and am always telling myself I need to have a cull

[edit]

I forgot to say don't do anything silly like doing speadsheets of how much they cost you to do, I stopped that madness a while ago and I'm much happier in my blissful financial ignorance.

Back