The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
I hope it corners better than your hose reel.

Top job as always.

would be more aero with a smaller frontage…………..

Woz

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Sorry, wrong *OZ...

Thanks to @Woz for the rocker suggestion for the Canti’s. It worked brilliantly for the front and I also used a set for the back as the clamp bolt hanger was all a bit too cramped for my liking..

:) Foz / Woz ..... we are both Wizards....

Pleasure to be of help. To be critical, from the pictures at least, I reckon you have a little more tweaking to do. Ideally of course,
you want roughly equal length L & R inner cable exposed so the rocker is settled like a V. Getting them to hit the rim at the
same may involve putting the canti-springs in different tension holes in the bosses. Otherwise, for sure they are a great
piece of kit to get you out of some sticky build situations.

Looking very good, no doubt it will be a lot of fun riding. I reckon you have hit a nice sweet spot in modernising and keeping the old.

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
:) Foz / Woz ..... we are both Wizards....

Pleasure to be of help. To be critical, from the pictures at least, I reckon you have a little more tweaking to do. Ideally of course,
you want roughly equal length L & R inner cable exposed so the rocker is settled like a V. Getting them to hit the rim at the
same may involve putting the canti-springs in different tension holes in the bosses. Otherwise, for sure they are a great
piece of kit to get you out of some sticky build situations.

Looking very good, no doubt it will be a lot of fun riding. I reckon you have hit a nice sweet spot in modernising and keeping the old.
Cheers Woz, unfortunately the mounts only have one hole for the springs so I couldn’t tension one side harder than the other, I did try the adjuster screw but that wasn’t strong enough. I’m afraid how it’s currently set willl have to do. They do work very well.

Reactions: Woz

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Brilliant build!
Cheers. I’m itching to ride it properly, but the lads under strict orders to revise as it’s internal exam week at his school!

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Mrs Peachy wants a go, but has asked for a “ladies” saddle.. I’d picked up a grey suede Specialized flag cheap on eBay. Usually quality, never been cleaned, just screaming out for some Peachy TLC...02B11FC3-D237-4385-8434-178FAEDBDAE8.jpegFEC70A6E-E27B-4DD2-89C2-C7DEF57ED060.jpeg3538156C-6213-4BCE-87EE-460BA89C27F5.jpeg