Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
I’m thinking about moving these two on.....

I know I’d get more money back (but not what I’ve put into them) if I strip and sell them off in bits.... :|

But before I do that, has anyone an un-biased opinion on what they might go for? I’d be offering them partly disassembled for packing...

(More details re spec & build in signature links)

My 25.5” 1984 Majestic

Our Jimmy’s 1977 Cavalier (now with different crank-set)

Attachments

• 18A43A5B-3B1B-4915-9DEF-E5167663CF78.jpeg
    18A43A5B-3B1B-4915-9DEF-E5167663CF78.jpeg
    668.3 KB · Views: 514
  • A8537AEE-D57B-4829-9D33-07A6244C8A3F.jpeg
    A8537AEE-D57B-4829-9D33-07A6244C8A3F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 514

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
And before any one says “this should be in the what is my road bike worth thread” I really don’t see the point as no one bothers commenting...

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
legrandefromage":k1515p3o said:
£250 - £350 each but you are already well aware that both are to taste and size

Yes...sort of where I was thinking... both plain tubed.

Madge is probably the "better" bike but made in the thousands... the Cavalier was less popular so a tad rarer but not as "catalogue correct"

I'm making a quick spread sheet with some approximate parts values for each.. to possibly use as a guide, knocking a bit off maybe because I'd like to see them survive

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
I'm in two minds now.....

The bike originally cost £78, plus £20 of H Lloyd stickers and a £120 Bob Jackson baked enamel paint job... add to that probably around £250 on scrounged parts to get it catalogue so we're looking at around £450 plus a shed load of hours...

Where as she's carrying a conservative estimate of around £500 worth of excellent condition restored parts (prices based on average ebay prices for parts in un-restored/cleaned condition) Plus I think £100 would be a fair price for the frame set.... :|

Going to have a long ride on it tomorrow I think.. :?

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Strip and move frames and parts on. Treat it as a project in itself. Get a production line going with mini photo studio etc. I usually wait until I have a few things and do it this way. Far more productive with save sale templates on fleabay.

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
The History Man":1g6g7xtj said:
Strip and move frames and parts on. Treat it as a project in itself. Get a production line going with mini photo studio etc. I usually wait until I have a few things and do it this way. Far more productive with save sale templates on fleabay.

I think you’re probably right, especially as there are a couple of pieces I’d like to keep for other projects...

allenh

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Peachy!":tpuafnnm said:
The History Man":tpuafnnm said:

I think you’re probably right, especially as there are a couple of pieces I’d like to keep for other projects...
Sadly that's the long and short of it.

After I've done all the work I much prefer selling them whole but it seems there's much more of a parts market than there is for whole bikes and probably why I have a garage full and am always telling myself I need to have a cull

[edit]

I forgot to say don't do anything silly like doing speadsheets of how much they cost you to do, I stopped that madness a while ago and I'm much happier in my blissful financial ignorance.