Carlton Criterium 1972-73

Re:

looks superb! love the colour and always good to see another Carlton! Great job mate.....

Re: Re:

Anglian":1gwna4w0 said:
looks superb! love the colour and always good to see another Carlton! Great job mate.....
Thanks a lot for that mate, really appreciate the comments and makes it all worth while!

I am looking for a Carlton professional- the blue ones from late 60ies early 70ies - will be next project IF I manage to get one.

Re:

Again Apologies for the ressurected thread - all of my pictures on the build of this RBOTM vanished - so found them in my archive HDD and thought I'd put them up again. IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0113.JPG IMG_0123.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

Good to see it again, can never see too much of this lovely bike either.
Loving the colour as always

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":1uqwpapm said:
Good to see it again, can never see too much of this lovely bike either.
Loving the colour as always

Jamie
Thanks Jamie - I haven’t seen the like again - this colour scheme seems to be quite rare.

No need to apologise - that's one of the best colour schemes ever applied to a bike frame. Lovely.

Lovely to see you restoring this lovely bike.

Bought one of these new, with the money I got from my paper round when I was 13/14 ish, and cycled around on it for years, finally parting company with it in 2006, when I emigrated to Sweden.

If memory serves it originally had a 14-24 freewheel.

I changed the original mech for a Shimano, and bar-end shifters, and swapped the 49T for a 44T, and then converted it to 10-Speed with a 52/40 (cotterless, which I don't remember being too much), not an ideal combo, since it meant a lot of duplication, so only 7 different ratios in reality, a 14-28 would have been better.

Interesting you paid £50 for the frame and fork, as I think that is what I paid for the bike originally

southwr":3572mnrp said:
Lovely to see you restoring this lovely bike.

Bought one of these new, with the money I got from my paper round when I was 13/14 ish, and cycled around on it for years, finally parting company with it in 2006, when I emigrated to Sweden.

If memory serves it originally had a 14-24 freewheel.

I changed the original mech for a Shimano, and bar-end shifters, and swapped the 49T for a 44T, and then converted it to 10-Speed with a 52/40 (cotterless, which I don't remember being too much), not an ideal combo, since it meant a lot of duplication, so only 7 different ratios in reality, a 14-28 would have been better.

Interesting you paid £50 for the frame and fork, as I think that is what I paid for the bike originally

Thanks for the message! I’m curious to know whether you had it in this colour? I liked the gold freewheel and chain - seem to suit the ‘Royal’ purple - gives it some class!
Foolishly sold this on RB a while back and I’ve never seen the like again.
I’ve been on the lookout for another but all I seem to find are the brown ones

Back