Brother Big Bro needs to go on a diet

Just weighed the one supplied with the Big Bro Frame and it's only 20g. But it's quite a cheap looking thing. I notice they do a chunky CNC machined one with a lazer engraved logo. It's not Orange though...

This is really cool. Love what you've done and the documentation. I'm keen to do a weight weenie build. I'd hoped my Pahoehoe would go down that route. I was too excited to get it built and it was a half arsed job.
I might strip it down and start again 🤔
I was surprised you went down the Hope route for cranks on such a build! If you wanted to take some more off, I can probably sort you a mega deal on some RaceFace Next cranks.

This is really cool. Love what you've done and the documentation. I'm keen to do a weight weenie build. I'd hoped my Pahoehoe would go down that route. I was too excited to get it built and it was a half arsed job.
I might strip it down and start again 🤔
I was surprised you went down the Hope route for cranks on such a build! If you wanted to take some more off, I can probably sort you a mega deal on some RaceFace Next cranks.

Thanks! My original plan was for Middleburn cranks but at the time there was no stock in the size I wanted. I'm quite happy with the Hope ones though. I'm hoping to upgrade the brakes with some matching Hope levers and calipers at some point but that won't be for a while.

Have you investigated how much you would save going single speed? i know its not for everyone, but normally a great weight saver!

Have you investigated how much you would save going single speed? i know its not for everyone, but normally a great weight saver!

Not on this build but I've tried single speed on other bikes and it's not for me. Too many hills in Shropshire :)

A couple more pictures and a shameless plug for --> 1998 BOTM

Not many entries this month which is a shame.

IMG20220428124309.jpg
IMG20220428124318.jpg

Back