Brexit and shipping to EU

Well, shipments now average a full month door to door between Manchester and Madrid. Also incurring import costs despite being below the €43 gift limit. One parcel did a complete round trip with no attempt at delivery in Madrid and one from Madrid was turned back at the UK Border force checkpoint. So we've given up sending each other stuff.

I've had no problems of recent with any parcels from Europe. Every parcel with a declared value under £39 has arrived free of any charges and duties

I have a Christmas parcel to send next week, it might arrive 🤷🏻‍♂️ the last one did but took 32 days, 10 to reach Madrid, 7 waiting to enter customs, 12 in customs, then it was 3 more when an email arrived to pick it up from the local Correos office. Pre B it was 4<7 days door to door. Future parcels are going in my luggage .

Seems all parcels arriving in Spain from outside the EU as gifts etc incur customs charges plus VAT based on value and a handling fee. So the last thing I sent was valued at £10 and postage was £15, then accrued €11 in charges. It would be cheaper to buy the gift a seat on Ryanair 🤣

Well the postal time has sped up a bit, 9 days now. But but but, my partner has just returned some of my personal stuff that I bought and paid for here in the UK, HMRC want £25 in VAT and import fees and Parcelforce want £12 handling fees 😫 and they're not interested seeing my UK receipts. Pay up or it all goes back to Madrid.

Well the postal time has sped up a bit, 9 days now. But but but, my partner has just returned some of my personal stuff that I bought and paid for here in the UK, HMRC want £25 in VAT and import fees and Parcelforce want £12 handling fees 😫 and they're not interested seeing my UK receipts. Pay up or it all goes back to Madrid.
I’ve been using UPS from france to UK recently. It’s not home delivery but in a access point. Delivery time was 3 days for €16,90 and upto 2kgs if I remember. Generally pleased. Of course you need to make sure you put the item codes and values etc. Worth trying via packlink

Latest posts

Back