Brexit and shipping to EU

An update to receiving my little package of vintage French brake booty...

All is well items are being fondled as we speak.😊
So....my address was correct
On the package clearly displayed was my contact telephone number...

3 attempted deliveries....on three separate days.....tracking said no one home to receive and cards left on each occasion.

I've been in for those consecutive 3 days....no cards left. Neighbours not asked or did they see parcel farce van/truck.

Did I receive a phone call or text on the number clearly displayed? ....😆

Tried the automated help line....no help whatsoever other than paying a fee for a redirect 🤨

Eventually found Tel number that a human being answered.....all resolved in two minutes...package sent to local post office counter at a shop.....400 yards away....!

Package not on local shops system....can't release....😆

10 mins of trying the good ol' girl says £@ck it just take it 👍

So all in....not so bad! I'll give la poste 10/10 and parcel farce 5/10....

Reactions: Woz
Anyone got a suggestion for shipping a 1.6 m length to northern ireland from UK? It's 7cm x7cm....I'm getting hit with 50-70 quotes 🤨
And half ton of paperwork printing....I don't do printers!

Something I’m finding more & more is the bizarre fact that I’m often finding some components (specifically road Campagnolo) cheaper & more available in Germany & Holland, even with taxes, shipping and the sh*t Tory pound they’re still cheaper.
Are the Italians charging our shops/distributors more?

What was I thinking? I bought something from the EU and the seller (ebay seller not retrobike) sent the wrong part. He refunded but not the cost of the return postage - anyway, I've sent the item back but it seems to be lost in space somewhere between here and Italy.

A lesson learned.

If the wrong item was sent.. you're not responsible for the cost of return postage, the seller is..

Who pays for return postage?​

The seller pays for return postage if the item was damaged, faulty, or doesn't match the listing description, you’ll either receive a return shipping label from eBay or the seller.

You pay for return postage if you're returning the item because you changed your mind, and the seller's return policy states that buyers are responsible for return postage.

Ebay pays for return postage and will send you a postage label, they then collect money off seller. But you need to open a case as not as described. Regardless of whether the seller accepts returns or not!

Yeah, I knew they were supposed to but I received a message saying something like "seller couldn't create a return label" or some such thing. So on the grounds of you win some and you lose some and in the interest of not wasting too much time over it I paid to send it back but I won't be buying from another ebay EU seller going forward. The item was a bottom pull xt 739 mech and the seller sent top pull, when I asked if he had any bottom pull in stock to send as a replacement he said no... yet he still has them listed on ebay. However, my return is still lost in space

:)

@Woz if you spot it in France, please punt it towards the Alps Ramos style

@Woz if you spot it in France, please punt it towards the Alps Ramos style

:LOL:

.... it's France. Grab the seat of your pants, because most port authorities are on strike, along with oil refineries so there is a fuel shortage.

It probably won't be moving, and who knows - the return may be sent back to you :LOL:

Back