Brexit and shipping to EU

You're all wrong, the honourable and not full of bullshit Mr Farage categorically said two years ago that we have over a hundred ports and there would not be food shortages and empty shelves.

Here in France where I am in the sticks, no more Lea & Perrins on the shelves. Scotch whisky and high end London gin (as drunk by the Queeny herself with cucumber butties on Doulton while inspecting the corgis pristine clean butts at 16:00 sharp) is now at a stupid un-affordable price; the overseas British Embassy garden parties across the EU must be running out of budget by now.

For humble me, it's been Irish whiskey and Larious gin from Spain for a while now.

Dorris put it brilliantly. A very apt analogy for what the average "leave" voter expected.

"Its a bit like being a member of a golf club, then canceling your membership.....but, still expecting them to let you use the car park, the bar and play rounds of golf and attend social events."

Hummm. Wonder what response and treatment you would get....

Oh yes, the same one we are rightly getting from Europe.

We have made our bed, now the sensible people sadly have to pay for it.

You're all wrong, the honourable and not full of bullshit Mr Farage categorically said two years ago that we have over a hundred ports and there would not be food shortages and empty shelves.
Some of our politicians are so full of shit that the EU is considering customs duties for the importing of manure each time they visit member states—allegedly. Bloody EU! Before Brexit, we could send them to the EU for free as MEPs.

My average delivery time to Spain was, with one previous exception since Brexit, 8 days. Last item though, left here on the 6th August and has only just passed out of Madrid Customs but I don't know yet if it's on its way to the final address or being sent back here! Any parcels from Madrid are being refused by UK Border, irrespective of contents or value, so we're giving up on it for now.
Woohoo its arrived at the true destination, 32 days 😴

Last year, 30% of my Ebay sales from France went to the UK. This year......about 1%.......in part, it was not worth my admin time advertising to UK buyers for cheaper items. Taken a decision to buy locally if I can, and bought all I "needed" from the UK about 2 - 3 years ago.
Agreed. And even just posting gifts now causes so much hassle compared to even sending to the USA. Where are you in rural France out of interest. Me too.

Back