Brexit and shipping to EU

Yet it went 2 months without one.
indeed, and I have no intention of letting this one go any further.

It's been several years since the Brexit started. We had the whole debate back then, across several topics. Those were all closed because they got toxic pretty quick.
This thread is not about what the result should have been, but about how it affects us when it comes to shipping. If anyone has problems with the outcome of the referendum itself, they are free to start a political party with the goal of undoing it.

Re:

Bikediscount.de now have a minimum order of 175 quid, plus postage and iirc the website says there could be additional charges our end. Put me off tbh and all I really wanted was some magped pedals. Shame but too late now :(
Just got stung £180 import fees for a 600 euro order from Bike-Discount.de

Anyone here that was on the receiving end of a bigger package (used frameset) from the UK? How should value be declared since its used and the value is practically not defined?

How should value be declared since its used and the value is practically not defined?
Probably too late, but I'll answer anyway

If it's a sale, the sales price should be the declared value.
When they have doubts, Customs can (and from my experience they will) ask the recipient for paperwork regarding the sale. If they find out the frame was sold for £500 but was declared as being worth £25, you're in a world of trouble.

Probably too late, but I'll answer anyway

If it's a sale, the sales price should be the declared value.
When they have doubts, Customs can (and from my experience they will) ask the recipient for paperwork regarding the sale. If they find out the frame was sold for £500 but was declared as being worth £25, you're in a world of trouble.
They are also adept at researching the market for current sold values!

Exported a set of wheels from FR to a member here in the UK. Went very well, with errrrrr a certain agreement of what was needed
to do. From my side, it did involve a load of extra paper work to do both physically and on-line, and certain risks.

Oddly, it went quicker than pre-Brexit and pre-Covid times; about 5 days! Proof that there is no checks on the UK side!

As of July 1st, the rules have slightly changed here. In the past, shipments of less than 22€ were exempt from VAT, meaning they could get through Customs without any additional costs. That has now changed and ALL packages from outside the EU will get VAT added. This extra workload for Customs will add delays, so keep that in mind when you're shipping to the EU. Make sure the buyer knows that it can take a while.

The fun bit is that our local postal service still charges a flat 15€ fee for any Customs-related work they need to do. I'm going to get hit with that in a couple of days. The fees will be more expensive than the package itself.

As of July 1st, the rules have slightly changed here. In the past, shipments of less than 22€ were exempt from VAT, meaning they could get through Customs without any additional costs. That has now changed and ALL packages from outside the EU will get VAT added. This extra workload for Customs will add delays, so keep that in mind when you're shipping to the EU. Make sure the buyer knows that it can take a while.

The fun bit is that our local postal service still charges a flat 15€ fee for any Customs-related work they need to do. I'm going to get hit with that in a couple of days. The fees will be more expensive than the package itself.
We suffer from high handling fees here as well, you mention 15 euros which I assume is the handling fee they charge for just confirming the declaration is correct? In Denmark its currently around 25 euros, I recently received a CD from the UK and I paid more for the handling than I did in import fee.

Unfortunately the UK no longer being in the EU has meant I will no longer purchase used bike parts from the UK.

Back