boy"O"boy's 1990 Serotta Offroad Pro-flex

Today's progress!
Swing arm and elastomer reassembled, then onto the stand to fit the Suntour Grease Guard bottom bracket.
1000014714.jpg
Threads cleared using a bottom bracket threading tool and cutting fluid.
1000014715.jpg
Makes fitting the bottom bracket a breeze.....rather than trying to insert the cups with clogged up threads.
1000014716.jpg
Bottom bracket done. Onto the headset.
NOS 1" XC pro Grease Guard to fit.
Lovely headset - loads of rubber seals. Grease ports. Suits the Pro flex really well.
1000014718.jpg
Cups installed with a headset press.
Slow and steady. ..an hour or so later, forks, stem and bars now fitted.
1000014719.jpg
Seat post is a NOS American Classic titanium. Avocet R20 saddle.
Mavic Paris Gao Dakar wheelset with NOS Tioga Mud dawg tyres.
1000014721.jpg

Suntour XC pro short cage rear mech cleaned and polished.
Problem #1. Spent 1/2 hour cleaning the front mech. Had struggled to find a decent 28.6mm one so was pleased I'd scored a fairly good one at a decent price. Went to install.....way bigger than seat tube. Should have checked when I received it 6 months ago... but trusted eBay description. Actually a 31.8mm (marked on inside!) 🤦🏻
On the hunt now for another 28.6mm mech. I could shim it to suit but I want the correct size to do this build justice.
1000014723.jpg
No Chainset on yet but..... dilemma solved as to which Chainset to use. The one with the darker rings is actually bronze not black. The other bronze is just lighter in colour....but has better crank arms. Clean everything, and swap the chainrings from one to the other. Sorted.
Just ran out of time to install.

Kids Easter holidays are now upon us, so progress will slow again for a couple of weeks.
Hopefully enough time to source a new front mech. 🤞🏻
1000014725.jpg

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Looking absolutely amazing!

Btw.. I’ll need some of those elastomers soon.. front and rear ! Where did you source them!?

Looking absolutely amazing!

Btw.. I’ll need some of those elastomers soon.. front and rear ! Where did you source them!?
Thanks Cristian. Progress at last!
The rear elastomer came with the frame when I bought it. @manitou916 had replaced it with a new one prior to the sale. Maybe you could message him to find out where it came from?
@fguki supplies replacement Manitou fork elastomer kits....he might be able to help out too? The front was salvaged from the flexstem karma'd from @MR OX

Cheers
boy"O"boy

If you need new elastomers, just PM me. Theyre no problem. If I didnt do them before, I only need the height, diameter and bore - and your riders weight.

Cheers!

Back