Bontrager Race '91 - Build Thread

OK - I only spotted one Bontrager set on there and it wasn't as per my(our) frames.
They also mention that their decals are designed (mostly) to go under the clearcoat - which was not the KB way - thicker/replacable.

There's a couple of other bits I'm after - so I'l email Gil and if he's got em I'll give you a shout.

Anyone know if TorontoCycles are still trading - it all looks a bit unconvincing

Ha!

Shhh, I’m basically ripping that build off for mine (see recent Wanted Turbo post)!

But yeah, that one is pretty much perfect.

High bar, Etc.

Well…

@slackboy was kind enough to point me in the direction of http://www.sssink.com/bicycle-restoration

Who also do them, and were apparently, maybe, Keith’s original decal supplier?

So going to hit them up first.

But if not, I’m sure Gil will get a call (email)!
Velocals has Bonty decals, they have the newer angled panels, don't know if they carry the older panels with straight rectangular panels.

Quick question for the current Bonty builders...

Do we think any of these decal places will do a deal on a job lot?

I..E. If three of us are all looking for new decals, if someone does the order for all of us at once, will we will get a discount you think?

Save a few pennies for cables, Etc. ; )

Don't mention the price of cables..... my decision to use new black cables rather than some retro XTR that I got on here was more than I thought it would be.

I won't be replacing my decals - as they are the original set, and despite a few nicks, I feel it would be wrong to remove them. I was going to email Gil about some other bits I was after and see if he had Bontrager ones for you at the same time. But if Belocals are Stateside then they are probably a better option.

Back