BOB JACKSON Vintage Frame Identification

Thanks again for your great photos of you bike, did it have a frame number on it !
Charles[/quote]

I have a number for you Charles. Its on the fork steerer tube and the non driveside rear dropout. My number is 14539 or 8. This is on a frameset ordered September 1964 and delivered to Cliff Pratt Cycles in Hull in December 1964.

Thank you Jim for your positive comment re AFib. My cardio consultant has recommended roughly the same to me. He is a keen cyclist himself so understands.

John.

Attachments

• IMG_0506 res.jpg
    IMG_0506 res.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0502 res.jpg
    IMG_0502 res.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 192
Thanks John, only just seen your reply, thats simular to the number on my campag ends !
Hope your keeping well, keep off the 19% climbs !
My Bob Jackson has gone in to M&B cycles Dronfield for a respray, so I will keep you updated.
My missing link is a Campag record crankset as I would like to see one before I buy !
I used to have a Sugino set but binned it years ago along with my Brooks Pro !!!
Stay Safe Charles

At last the Bob Jackson is ready to ride !
Just took it round the lump while adjusting gears, not sure about replacing the brooks pro
which I binned years ago for a softer saddle as this is very comfy !

I will give it a short flatish ride in the summer due to my muscle loss & bad knee & then
see if I can be parted from it next year !

Thanks to all for your help alomg the way !

Attachments

• Bob Jackson.jpg
    Bob Jackson.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 23
Don't let atrial fibrillation hold you back. Mine was detected over 20 years ago while I was in hospital recovering from a nasty RTA. My doctor advised me to keep riding but not go out if my heart rate was high enough to make me breathless. It's only advancing years and lip service to restrictions imposed by my other half in the name of 'safety' because I usually ride solo that mean my rides rarely exceed 50-60 miles.

HI jim

Enjoyed your story of the bike and all the input from others

Did you end up selling..?

At last the Bob Jackson is ready to ride !
Just took it round the lump while adjusting gears, not sure about replacing the brooks pro
which I binned years ago for a softer saddle as this is very comfy !

I will give it a short flatish ride in the summer due to my muscle loss & bad knee & then
see if I can be parted from it next year !

Thanks to all for your help alomg the way !
That does look nice 🙂

Back