Bob Jackson ceased trading

BlackCat

BoTM Winner
Fat Chance Fan
http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/

This is a concern.. and yet another flip flop on 18 Dec “closure”.. then supposed backtrack posted a few weeks later.

Anyone heard anything further?

I’m going to have to get on the phone. They have two of my frames..

Re:

Exactly. There doesn’t seem to be any news in the usual trade sources or generally online - beyond the previous announcements.

The frames have been with them since October, and, against my better judgement I accepted the 5 week lead time originally quoted extending to 10, when I first chased, then extending to “pre-Christmas” the next time I did.. then the shenanigans about closing 18 Dec.. then NOT closing.. and now closing again.

I’m absolutely kicking myself for not seeing this coming, and for the inevitable hassle of getting my frames back under these circumstances.

Hope u get it sorted out Black cat

In the past i had a bike that was in a shop that ended up closing up.
Was a total pain in the ass getting ahold of anyone about it.
Ended up having to go down various times to catch someone there,as seemed it was getting cleared out from that day.

I don’t you should worry too much, everyone I know has got their frame back hassle free.
Since the buyout of the trading name by Woodrup cycles of Leeds Donald was inundated with orders for repairs/resprays and new bikes. He’s on his own and doing everything he can to return people’s property, it might just take some time.

Re:

Thanks for the info, guys. I knew someone here would be more plugged in than me. I’ll try calling the factory again on Monday. I’m London-based, so it’s a bit of a hike to turn up in person. Still, it may yet come to that. They have a Prestige and a Bonty OR.. so I kinda need them back!

I had heard the rumour about the BMW dealer buying in from another source. Shame it’s not going to go through.
As has been said before, it’s surprising that a business with clear demand and full books is pulling down the shutters. More so in an environment when every hipster that has completed a frame building course is setting themselves up to flog “bespoke” frames at £2k a pop.

Maybe we just have more hipsters in London - but I reckon BJC would have been snapped up by someone here and re-imagined as a fixie-builder in an instant.

Maybe we should do an RB-whip round and buy it ourselves! We’d probably only be buying a lease and a bit of goodwill. The order book would could be monetised for working capital... and it’s not like there isn’t the combined product knowledge here.

Re:

Got a call from BJC first thing. Frames are on their way back to me.. painted!

Very exciting... and I can breathe a massive sigh of relief...

Re: Re:

BlackCat":1ja2ggeu said:
Got a call from BJC first thing. Frames are on their way back to me.. painted!

Very exciting... and I can breathe a massive sigh of relief...

Great news! Fingers crossed all will be OK...

Re:

So... to continue... or perhaps to close the thread... This just popped in through the mail

Attachments

• BA494C68-6252-4D88-A0B2-7C9BC0AF0E9B.jpeg
    BA494C68-6252-4D88-A0B2-7C9BC0AF0E9B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 385
Back