Black Betty CR-7 content

After last nights update it dawned on me that I hadn't ridden this gem!

1988 Fisher CR-7, made in Japan with 1inch headset, U brake, RM20's and Suntour XCD group in original survivor condition.

Stunning day today so thought a good time for a test ride.

View attachment 609004

Never seen "Factory Pilot" before, does this mean original owner may have been a sponsored rider?

View attachment 609005

Interestingly it doesn't actually call out CR-7 anywhere like the next generation bikes did.

View attachment 609006

View attachment 609007

It rode nice, very stiff transferring the ground below when not smooth. Fun bike.

The beach was packed!

View attachment 609008
Factory Pilot is an Oakley thing, features on a range of items now still.

Do you mind if I ask what the make and model of the blue metallic/white star /red saddle is? Good looking bike.

Do you mind if I ask what the make and model of the blue metallic/white star /red saddle is? Good looking bike.

Thanks. It's a Speed Defies Gravity saddle. Never knew much about them, only reference I have come across was a wanted add for someone searching for one with an image.

14.06.21.jpg

CR10.jpg

It originally came to me attached to the large black CR-7 (Black Betty) with the black Kalloy post (now on violet-O-violet) rolling on a set of RS-1's.... sadly I never took a photo of that bike in that state... "Black Betty" originated / is marked with a "West Village Bicycles" sticker...

20190121_094254.jpg

Anyway back to the saddle here it is, looks to be from 98:

CR12.jpg

CR13.jpg

Last edited:
Love the patina on this thing.

Thanks. It's an awesome survivor and nice being untouched - it's rare that happens!

Normally it's an ongoing development or EVOLUTION like below...

Patina - This one has lived and nearly died and back on track.

Original for sale advert:

114350955_full.jpg

Before post and saddle swap. It never ceases to amaze me how builds evolve and how parts become useful.

20200623_163116.jpg

I have the perfect project build coming up for that post and saddle...

20200623_163507.jpg

Thanks. It's a Speed Defies Gravity saddle. Never knew much about them, only reference I have come across was a wanted add for someone searching for one with an image.

View attachment 609270

View attachment 609271

It originally came to me attached to the large black CR-7 (Black Betty) with the black Kalloy post (now on violet-O-violet) rolling on a set of RS-1's.... sadly I never took a photo of that bike in that state... "Black Betty" originated / is marked with a "West Village Bicycles" sticker...

View attachment 609272

Anyway back to the saddle here it is, looks to be from 98:

View attachment 609273

View attachment 609274
Love it, than you for the close up pics, good looking bike once again, enjoy the ride.

Latest posts

Back