BoTM Bike of the Month May 2021 nominations - 1988 and earlier - Sponsored by Terra One Tyres

Bike of The Month

raidan73

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
So here it is, just a few days late, the May BotM competition sponsored by Terra One Tyres, with some great prizes on offer. All entries this month must be from 1988 or earlier and a slight change to the rules applies, just this month, in that previous winners are permitted to enter. Other than rules 14 and 15 all other rules continue to apply http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

We're hoping to see some really nice early mtb's this month so get your polishing rag and cameras out!

Click the link here to read more about Terra One Tyres and the prizes on offer this month.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

Nominations thread will run for the entire month. Entries submitted after May 31st will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Thought I'd better enter my '85 Schwinn Cimarron, here posing on Penzance prom.
IMG_20210401_131724_238~2.jpg

Glad i finally have a bike which is finished and well within the BOTM May limits ;-)

Solo's 1983 Ritchey Everest

Ritchey 83.JPG

Some lovely looking bikes already! Thought about entering my Stumpy but craigsmith has 82 Stumpys covered with that awesome example! Mines slightly later, lugged, greyer and rustier! 😁

Some lovely looking bikes already! Thought about entering my Stumpy but craigsmith has 82 Stumpys covered with that awesome example! Mines slightly later, lugged, greyer and rustier! 😁
Go on, stick it in.. I love the lugged version and anyway you should think of this as a celebration of the 80's stuff as calling it a competition will be a bit of a "Moot" point when the 2020 Bike of the Year rolls up! ;) 😭 :p

synlos' Fat Chance Kicker from 85. Team colors. Equipped with XC9000 than XC. Would like to be XC, oh well - it runs smooth.😍
Saddle needs to be changed, way to wide for my butt. :D

Bulit-up:

Last edited:
Back