BoTM Bike of The Month July 2021 - nominations thread

Bike of The Month
Hello everyone, I’m going to rise to the gauntlet laid down by Captaincowley and throw my hat in the ring with;

Matttymm’s 1997 Kona King Kahuna.

Really pleased with how it’s turned out, close to catalogue original with some more modern twists.

Attachments

• 8F110251-81A1-4665-B4F5-C05912A901E5.jpeg
    8F110251-81A1-4665-B4F5-C05912A901E5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • 8BF9353A-94EC-4AAE-9E41-D03ACC090887.jpeg
    8BF9353A-94EC-4AAE-9E41-D03ACC090887.jpeg
    970.4 KB · Views: 62
Hello everyone, I’m going to rise to the gauntlet laid down by Captaincowley and throw my hat in the ring with;

Really pleased with how it’s turned out, close to catalogue original with some more modern twists.
Lovely build that 👍
Now delete one of those pics before you get in trouble! (2 pic max for BOTM)

I think he's overstepped the mark and should be banned to a month I haven't entered.😠
It's not his fault.Due to his location/poor roofing he's been crop dusted regularly since birth and has grown 3 of most things.🏕️🛩️💨👨‍🌾🌫️👹🦵🦵🦵
Nice to see a bit of Ti,and Ti doesn't get much nicer than that.Stunning bike Matt,be careful leaving it in the hedgerow if you're gonna be standing in the middle of that field all day!🦅👨‍🌾🦅🦅

Nice rig!

If I do get banned, can I request the August special BOTM to be “97 Konas in Somerset”

I’m amazed at that response captain that you’ve managed to keep it to less than 2000 words and I’ve not fallen asleep half way through reading it. 😉😉

Glad you’ve been able to recognise a field mate given you’ve only ever seen them in pictures or on TV. Has the sun gone down yet in Grimsby?

Thanks for the support though. 😀😀 and your kind words in there.

If I do get banned, can I request the August special BOTM to be “97 Konas in Somerset”

I’m amazed at that response captain that you’ve managed to keep it to less than 2000 words and I’ve not fallen asleep half way through reading it. 😉😉

Glad you’ve been able to recognise a field mate given you’ve only ever seen them in pictures or on TV. Has the sun gone down yet in Grimsby?

Thanks for the support though. 😀😀 and your kind words in there.
dude, why are your bars always higher than your seat?? ;) ;) ;) :p

Darwin could probably explain it better than I could....
matttymm.jpg
Matt discovered early on that a bike was a much more effective means of escape than burrowing.Though he has to be careful of his spines on the back tyre when descending.Note both pedals in exactly the same position.He nods down the lanes like a rusty oil derrick,sounds very similar too.Particularly funny if you ever see/hear him in the granny ring.A sticky resin secreted from his toe glands secures his claws to any pedal,just like SPD's.
He's also able to steer with his tongue,handy when trying to flee/fight off over-amorous suitors.Hence the high bars.No mechanical brakes,parachute style scrotum.

Darwin could probably explain it better than I could....
View attachment 554461
Matt discovered early on that a bike was a much more effective means of escape than burrowing.Though he has to be careful of his spines on the back tyre when descending.Note both pedals in exactly the same position.He nods down the lanes like a rusty oil derrick,sounds very similar too.Particularly funny if you ever see/hear him in the granny ring.A sticky resin secreted from his toe glands secures his claws to any pedal,just like SPD's.
He's also able to steer with his tongue,handy when trying to flee/fight off over-amorous suitors.Hence the high bars.No mechanical brakes,parachute style scrotum.
best thing ive seen today sorry @Matttymm just teasing!

Back