BoTM Bike of The Month August 2022 - Original owner special - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
The triggers broom scenario is quite funny.
I can't enter my Orange X-1, even though it is still sporting most of it's original parts, unfortunately the frame is now a P7? Shame.
I love all of these bikes because of the history. Well done everyone for keeping them going.

I remember these KHS from bitd at the Gorrick events round Wokingham area. I used to ride with Gorrick and would often be involved in course prep, setup etc. Then usually ended up helping out a buddy that took photos at the events.

I also knew the Fat Tracks shop - just round the corner from Maidenhead station. Now I only frequent the very good Italian deli in Maidenhead - how times change :)

I bought my old KHS Team frame from Fat Tracks.

I remember these KHS from bitd at the Gorrick events round Wokingham area. I used to ride with Gorrick and would often be involved in course prep, setup etc. Then usually ended up helping out a buddy that took photos at the events.

I also knew the Fat Tracks shop - just round the corner from Maidenhead station. Now I only frequent the very good Italian deli in Maidenhead - how times change :)
I attended many of those Gorrick events, and did a fair amount of training on the grounds they were set in.
I’ve got several of the professional shots from the races too - can’t remember if they had to be purchased or were sent out with race results though?

I'm deeply flattered that a photo I've taken might be considered professional - it was probably one of Mike's.

I'm going to take a wild guess at a gold sticker with Mike Nicholson Photography on it?
Mike was a great guy (RIP) - we often went riding round the Bracknell forest- before it was actually a MTB venue

I'm deeply flattered that a photo I've taken might be considered professional - it was probably one of Mike's.

I'm going to take a wild guess at a gold sticker with Mike Nicholson Photography on it?
Mike was a great guy (RIP) - we often went riding round the Bracknell forest- before it was actually a MTB venue
That’s the ones.
Shame to hear Mike is no longer with us.
7F445199-49D9-4B8E-B1D0-8E7892163C51.jpeg

Can't enter the lava dome as my cousin owned it before me and my only new bought bike that'd be considered retro is a '98.
Bugger.
Some good looking bikes so far. Glad there's some that have been cherished for so long!

I'm in 👍

My old trusty warhorse bought by working my socks off as a 15 year old kid in 1991.
Bashed and crashed ...raced and sunk ...and it's still alive and kicking.
Triggers broomed for 25 years until first ride out today on it since climbing Mt Afan about 6 years ago!
Kept clean and treated ..mean.😁

IMG_20220818_161750_162.jpg

IMG_20220818_164949_281.jpg

A few pics of its resurection and some stories to laugh at here...

Is it? Well! Is it a zaskar?

Yes, yes it is.

Legrandefromageeseses owned from new Zaskar LE, 1993

Only the front mech is original, the Venhill Racing bolts were fitted that afternoon. Frame has done around 45,000 miles and it has been rebuilt countless times of the last 3 decades, View attachment 650739It will be 30 next year!

ewView attachment 650806
What rear derailleur is that - the bottom jockey wheel in the top photo looks covered in

Back