BoTM Bike of The Month August 2022 - Original owner special - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
synlos' Mountain Bik Carbon USA made. I'm the owner since summer 1992. Bought it with mother and my money in my internship.
Family bike for me only. As you can see, it grows with me!
First pic is from 1992, just my bike for a couple days.
Second pic is from 2013. Still in refurbish since then. 😅
Got all parts in boxes and of course the frame set. 😘

Is it? Well! Is it a zaskar?

Yes, yes it is.

Legrandefromageeseses owned from new Zaskar LE, 1993

Only the front mech is original, the Venhill Racing bolts were fitted that afternoon. Frame has done around 45,000 miles and it has been rebuilt countless times of the last 3 decades, View attachment 650739It will be 30 next year!

View attachment 650806
That set up with the Judy DH's and disc looks like fun :cool:

Is it? Well! Is it a zaskar?

Yes, yes it is.

Legrandefromageeseses owned from new Zaskar LE, 1993

Only the front mech is original, the Venhill Racing bolts were fitted that afternoon. Frame has done around 45,000 miles and it has been rebuilt countless times of the last 3 decades, View attachment 650739It will be 30 next year!

View attachment 650806
Haha, that front disc cable was hanging about a bit. Disc brake in 1996 :)
Not being gay but you was a handsome chap back then

DF3392E1-9206-4A6C-A9A9-99B8C0C707CD.jpeg 66193F19-88EB-4428-85D4-15EFF5D10999.jpeg
My old Cannondale EST
bought new in december 1991 with a Suntour XC comp microdrive groupo, paid with my first job.
Respray a few years ago and take a special place in my collection !

Once A Hero’s 1993 KHS Montana Team

Owned since new, ridden extensively for several years, ridden sparingly for many more, and still ridden today 😍

I remember these KHS from bitd at the Gorrick events round Wokingham area. I used to ride with Gorrick and would often be involved in course prep, setup etc. Then usually ended up helping out a buddy that took photos at the events.

I also knew the Fat Tracks shop - just round the corner from Maidenhead station. Now I only frequent the very good Italian deli in Maidenhead - how times change :)

Back