BoTM Bike of The Month April 2022 - nominations

Bike of The Month
All good, it's been so long since I logged into the monthly comp that I had forgotten if I had entered it before.

Not in it to win but to add some retro stoke to the fire. I'd never enter a bike that was from our museum which has over 300 bikes in it, these are my personal bikes.

With over 300 bikes in our museum, we only own about 20% of those as the rest are on loan from collectors, athletes, and other industry connections. If anyone is traveling through Colorado, come by and experience the museum.

Count me in for a Colorado trip and tour at some point too!

Been meaning to check out that part of the country forever, and have friends and family in both Denver and Boulder.

(Best state flag too, IMO!)

Need to make that drive happen this summer...

Anyway, for the record, I have no problem with this particular bike being entered regardless of where the rider works. It's clearly a personal bike, that's been on a personal journey that gets ridden.

I think, if I'm reading between the lines correctly online, it may have come originally from another (former?) US forum member on here, too.

Anyway, the fact it was previously entered puts an end to that debate regardless! So we can all move on...

Except...

I do just want to add that this XL Ultimate is, to me, the ultimate Ultimate! The proportions and geo just work so perfectly in this size for some reason. The sloping top tube and rear triangle especially.

For the first and only time when it comes to bikes, I wish I was taller.

And, not for the first time, richer!

I’ll throw my hat in to the ring:)

Markjohnson76 1992 Breezer Lightning XTR.

Bought late last year from a member on here, it hadn’t had much hard use. I thought I’d give it a work out in the Sussex mud. I love Breezers, the Lightning XTR 1992 was a proper DREAM bike for me. I doubt it will win in this company but I thought I’d show it off. 29EEDBA9-6CDC-472E-938A-BEB2032B1290.jpeg 04EA196B-A3B0-4DB7-861A-04F553D35A17.jpeg

I’ll throw my hat in to the ring:)

Markjohnson76 1992 Breezer Lightning XTR.

Bought late last year from a member on here, it hadn’t had much hard use. I thought I’d give it a work out in the Sussex mud. I love Breezers, the Lightning XTR 1992 was a proper DREAM bike for me. I doubt it will win in this company but I thought I’d show it off. View attachment 619905View attachment 619904
it's a winner for me. I have a 1995 Thunder but would like to have a Lightning one day. Even the modern 29'er (even though it's not a "real" Breezer) is high on my wishlist.

1989 Landshark Dirtshark

A7277622-A128-4E83-AA19-655F70BEA5B8.jpeg

Attachments

• A78B34C2-11E7-487F-B4B7-E8C5540DD049.jpeg
    A78B34C2-11E7-487F-B4B7-E8C5540DD049.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 23
Back