Best way to clean up gt rts1frame

Re:

Got a very similar -wrongly decalled- RTS myself, from 1995, I guess:

p5pb18667156.jpg

Haven't taken the time to remove stickers and polish it, as you can see :LOL:

p5pb18708109.jpg

Since the rear triangle is replaceable, I could be that this is not the one that came with yours originally?
But yours has the canti brake rocker thingy: nice :cool: !

Looking forward to seeing this (whatever it is..) evolve!

boxxer":3sjnmjqr said:
Thats a 2 or 3 Not a 1 or Team, the curved end of the top tube gives it away

The decals are wrong
Agree with you, team, original rts or rts-1 had flat cap on top tube and made from 6061 alloy.

Not sure what the difference is between ball burnished and polished. Would assume the former is not as smooth and shiny, but no idea really.

I have a black flat capped rts to build at some point. I think it may have been sprayed so might strip and polish, though looks good as is. It has some odd (different) features compared to my team though.

Re: Re:

Double-E F":305s4710 said:
Got a very similar -wrongly decalled- RTS myself, from 1995, I guess:

p5pb18667156.jpg

Haven't taken the time to remove stickers and polish it, as you can see :LOL:

p5pb18708109.jpg

Since the rear triangle is replaceable, I could be that this is not the one that came with yours originally?
But yours has the canti brake rocker thingy: nice :cool: !

Looking forward to seeing this (whatever it is..) evolve!
I bought the frame from a fellow rb member. He did say that the rear was from a different rts as his cracked at bottom by bb/shock pivot. Same as Ishaw mentioned.

That could be remove with some polish stuff. For the finish I use car pro essence. Has mirospheres and little polish effect. Works in paint, aluminium and shining plastics. But that little is enought to give the finish or remove some dirt that cannot be removed with shoap.

Carpro essence has microspheres so you can polish, clean the dirt you cannot remove with shoap and give gloss. Works quite well with old paints.
Carpro essence Plus don´t have micro spheres and don´t polish only give gloss.

For a Stumpjumper Frame, I pass 2h with the product ... lot of work but the result was a shinig red and much less swirls.

carpro-essence-polish-abrillantador.jpg

madjh":dk5qj4mi said:
That could be remove with some polish stuff. For the finish I use car pro essence. Has mirospheres and little polish effect. Works in paint, aluminium and shining plastics. But that little is enought to give the finish or remove some dirt that cannot be removed with shoap.

Carpro essence has microspheres so you can polish, clean the dirt you cannot remove with shoap and give gloss. Works quite well with old paints.
Carpro essence Plus don´t have micro spheres and don´t polish only give gloss.

For a Stumpjumper Frame, I pass 2h with the product ... lot of work but the result was a shinig red and much less swirls.

carpro-essence-polish-abrillantador.jpg
Thanks, I'll look it up now. I bet it really enhances the shine/gloss.

Might remove the decals and then achieve a better finish. The gt badge is scratched anyway.

Get new appropriate Decals off eBay,or there is a go to person on here I've seen mentioned few times.

Rebadge it as an Rts2.

Might remove the decals and then achieve a better finish. The gt badge is scratched anyway.

Get new appropriate Decals off eBay,or there is a go to person on here I've seen mentioned few times.

Rebadge it as an Rts2.

Back