Why do we want rare, complicated stuff?! Amp forks kupput

I tried conventional low end suspension from rst ,and a short and very dissatisfying flirtation with the nonsense of cannondales headshox as a teen, and did not take to any of it, mainly as so heavy I preferred to ride rigid bikes.. I had a Whyte prst1 for a while twenty years ago because I got it cheap, and it did not ride like a suspension bike the poise and difference was amazing, but sold it.. now have a last of the line prst 4 as it was an itch when I got back into bikes, but the idea of the Amp was no real weight gain, very little travel as I just want to lower minor bumps and trail buzz on my aging body and the bike an old lava dome.. now, and I am better financed at my age and wanted some because I think they look kool!
One day it will be so, I do not expect miracles from this fork, just a little comfort without a big weight penalty, spring breaking aside, it appears to be of excellent quality in engineering terms.
I started with the original Specialized Future Shock, which I believe was made by Rock Shock. It was a noodly piece of crap and it needed a Brodie Rock Rooster to tie it together enough to give me confidence to turn while braking. My next foray into suspension was a Bomber Z.5 which worked fine until Free Riding became the thing. While I rode a mountain bike in anger I stayed with Marzocchi and was generally happy.

But I have no interest in trying to keep vintage suspension functioning properly now and I really don't need a suspended bike. Fat tires tend to meet my needs as I've stopped trying to be a gravity fueled hero.

I found an fleabay listing for spares which had charged £10 each for a red or a black spring for a fork like mine, sadly sold.. but it means that when I find one it needn't be extortionate.

I have a spare fork spring, happy to match your Fleabay find price + postage.
Middling black or firmer red available, as I'll just fit the other one back in my fork, which is not one of my ridden AMPs.

IMG_20240320_202958.jpg

For the record, here's the full spec for the fork springs that I put together:
AMP F3 Spring Options.jpg All the best,

Nice thing with the F4 is you can use one of each. I use a black and a red on mine. The F4 springs are definitely longer.

Attachments

• F514240E-8818-4AF2-A767-7E262252EBCE.jpeg
    F514240E-8818-4AF2-A767-7E262252EBCE.jpeg
    977.9 KB · Views: 2
I have a spare fork spring, happy to match your Fleabay find price + postage.
Middling black or firmer red available, as I'll just fit the other one back in my fork, which is not one of my ridden AMPs.

View attachment 831799

For the record, here's the full spec for the fork springs that I put together:
View attachment 831800All the best,
Wow what a lifesaver! Thankyou made my week.. I can use the Amp, no more dilemma or buying more bits to use different forks etc.. amazing.
The firmer spring will be the perfect part, I will do a little drawing and send pm of thickness seat diameter etc just to make sure all will be well, and then I can send you some money.. so amazed and very appreciative of this. Thankyou Love Retrobike

Latest posts

Back