Events Bespoked Bristol 2012 Report

6863594202_dffa270340_m.jpg
Just 9 months after the first ever UK Handmade Bicycle Show in Bristol, the 2012 edition was upon us. There was a new venue, the pre-show publicity looked like it was going to be bigger, much bigger. John, armed with his 'My First Canon', and I went to find out. What follows is very much a personal perspective.

The UK Handmade Bicycle Show 2012 www.bespokedbristol.co.uk was based at Brunel's Old Station, basically part of the Templemeads complex. Waiting for The Guvnor to negotiate the one way system (he was within 10m a good quarter of an hour before he actually pulled up), I lounged outside on a wall in the sun, people watching. It was a battle between pretty girls with their floaty dresses and summer legs and bicycles. Steel bicycles. Although they were only Surly (frames not girls), the bikes won out. I'm not sure if that is necessarily a good thing to admit. Anyway, before I got the fury at a fixed conversion of a Corsa Extra, John arrived.

As we made to enter the venue we were stopped by a pleasant security guard - "have you got tickets?". I was affronted - didn't he know who I was? Clearly not, as he would have realised that I don't need anything as grubby as a ticket to gain entrance. Thankfully John said "our names are on the list" and we were whisked inside.

First impressions? Bigger than 2011. Much, much bigger. Click to read the full Bespoked Bristol report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back