Anyone like old railways? (Pic heavy)

shedobits

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I usually ride this trail in the winter to avoid the cold (low altitude),but thought I'd give it a go as I hadn't been here since pre Covid and was keen to finally set up the newly built Team Marin.

1632750433272.jpeg
Out of town and no more traffic noise.

1632750621161.jpeg
The stations had been converted to bars/cafes but haven't survived the pandemic.

1632752080305.jpeg

1632752194560.jpeg

Level crossing mans box, no gates though.

1632752412096.jpeg

Railway truck scales from when we made stuff, and no my bike didn't move them.
1632752670039.jpeg

1632752771440.jpeg

1632752935729.jpeg
The wheel size debate continues to rage.
1632753231981.jpeg
1632753537421.jpeg

Topping up the bottles.

I love touring in Spain - sadly it looks still too difficult with the travel situation. The rail trails that have opened up look particularly fun, hoping to ride them in the next couple of years. I had hoped to be in Malaga with work in November, alas it looks unlikely at present.

Love old railways and the large overgrown railway yards with abandoned engines and carriages, old signaling, stations: lovely places with a nice historic atmosphere.

Awesome pictures, BTW :)

I really like seeing pics like the ones posted by shedobits. Very atmospheric and the one with the bike (very nice bike too BTW) puts the scale of things into perspective.

Yes i like old railways, especially like above, the yards and old stations. Though i have to say, that stunning scenery really ads to the feel, almost western (cowboy) like 🤠

Nice.

And a Team Marin. Also nice.

I am noticing that the head angle is mighty slack on that build. Interesting mod to the bike. What fork? And what's the axle crown length? The Team is a seriously capable frame (regret moving on my Tange Ultimate nickel Team rather too early in the 90's....) but over-forking it slightly is an excellent idea. But by how much have you over-forked it and how does it handle? Interested to know....

Yep, I do some railway. Retro stuff are near perfect for this type of paths.

A company use to organize all years (not last year or this one, for this situation) a excursion to one of this railways and it is the most fun activity with a great finale: a party eating tipical products and a giveaway. But I don´t know if the will do again. I like a lot this railway. I feel like I´m in a remote area with that tall trees and mountains (over 2000m, it is a challage to climb one), the reservoir etc It is magic and it is close to my home :)

bicicltada-%20bridgestone-kduE-U60891407692CSD-624x385@Burgosconecta.jpg

Near Urrez

urrez_via_verde_gran.jpg

Last edited:
Now can we just deal with the awful ambiguity in your RB Handle.

Are you a woman who supplies many parts?
She do bits.

Or a non-gender-indicated person with a crammed workshop?
Shed o’ bits

It’s all very confusing.

Back