Anyone like old railways? (Pic heavy)

Yep, I do some railway. Retro stuff are near perfect for this type of paths.

A company use to organize all years (not last year or this one, for this situation) a excursion to one of this railways and it is the most fun activity with a great finale: a party eating tipical products and a giveaway. But I don´t know if the will do again. I like a lot this railway. I feel like I´m in a remote area with that tall trees and mountains (over 2000m, it is a challage to climb one), the reservoir etc It is magic and it is close to my home :)

bicicltada-%20bridgestone-kduE-U60891407692CSD-624x385@Burgosconecta.jpg

Near Urrez

urrez_via_verde_gran.jpg

That looks great Mad, a lovely ride with shade too.

Nice.

And a Team Marin. Also nice.

I am noticing that the head angle is mighty slack on that build. Interesting mod to the bike. What fork? And what's the axle crown length? The Team is a seriously capable frame (regret moving on my Tange Ultimate nickel Team rather too early in the 90's....) but over-forking it slightly is an excellent idea. But by how much have you over-forked it and how does it handle? Interested to know....
2manyoranges The fork is a N.O.S. Kona Project 2 with 435 A 2 C. I had already bought the fork for a Kona Single Speed project I've started in the UK but diverted it to the Marin so that I could finish and ride it. It rides really well but can't compare it with the O.E. fork as I bought the bare frame only from France from a member on here. The picture does make the head angle look slacker and the front wheel look bigger than the rear but they're both 26". I may post a wanted add for some Marin O.E. forks in the future. Update I've ordered some decals from Gil to finish the build for now.

Many Thanks for your kind comments all.
Double-EF Today I've ridden more of the Rail Trail on the Stumpy I bought from you and have taken a few more pictures, but as the bike is entered in a competition on here I'll hold off posting until after the 30th.

That looks great Mad, a lovely ride with shade too.
That railway has a interesting history related with a British citizen. It was made by Richard Preece Williams society. A society that wanted to exploit the coal and iron mines in that area. Richard Preece Williams (Born in Manchester, company based in London) built that railway. Here is the history (you can use a translator) https://www.vialibre-ffe.com/noticias.asp?not=1132 . Thanks to that railway the first european human was found in Atapuerca.
It is really a interesting area. The old railway has around 45 Km and the landscapes are impressive. But there are some historical places, and very nice villages. It is perfect to do some cycling and full relax.

This is how the villages looks there (close to the railway), now I´m a bit far away but I will return and visit again.

37740-35070_SC_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back