Anyone heard of a Hooger Booger?

They are around since at least from the late eighties. Saw an lx specced minter for about 100 euros recently. Also existed xt specced ones, and hybrids too, i like the design. Not expensive collectors dream bikes, but proper retro vibe imho

Thanks very much. Yeah I would like to track one down because my brother had one when he was a kid and someone stole it. We have never seen one since and he loved that bike.

Thanks very much. Yeah I would like to track one down because my brother had one when he was a kid and someone stole it. We have never seen one since and he loved that bike.
This is the lx specced one. I quite like it, but i can't hoard everything i like... 😭

chrome_screenshot_1697121140244.png

And a bit of more background on the brand itself and on one of their last MTBs...

Scott has bought Hooger Booger already beginning of the 90ties, mainly to add Snowboards to their portfolio.
They have keept the Hooger Booger bikes for a while, and personally I do not see that models had been just re-badged Scott Bikes.

But mid nineties, at least for Germany the Hooger Booger local distribution and marketing and press work has been all managed from the German Scott office directly.

One interesting series, and in this thread there are some earlier posts, was the "Patrol".

This was launched in 1993 as fun bike to target younger buyers.
They have done some marketing activities and demo-shows with some Trial riders, like Paolo Marquez.

Hooger Booger  Vorstellung EuroBike aus Bike 10 1993.jpg

There are some variants, earlier bikes had a CroMo frame and both chain stays elevated.
1994 there was a reinforcement plate between seat tube and top tube, with a milled feather like used for the logo.
Hooger Booger Patrol Frame mit Feder1.jpg

1995 there had been two versions, one aluminum "Pro" frame with rectangular tubes
Hooger Booger Patrol Pro Bild Kurzvorstellung in Bike 1995.jpg
and a cheap equiped CroMo one, both with just drive-side ECS but still nice straight forks.
Hooger Patrol aus BM 1995 .jpg

I had for a while one of those cheap ones, bought with stuck seat post for little money.
I've replaced the awful cranks with some more nice stuff, removed the anyhow broken front shifter and meach, and fixed it in a way to been able to go for a ride at least, but meanwhile this moved on.
20221027_132345.jpg

The stem was an IBeam with just 90mm and a wide riser bar had been used and big alu flat pedals, for 1995 quite ahead of time...
The tires had been OEM Onza Porcupine blackwalls, not too bad, as the overall sales price was attractive back in time, but this was achieved with using only very entry level Shimano components, a cheap wheelset and no-name brakes.
20221027_132430.jpg

BTW: missed to explain that those Scott guys didn't like the name Hooger Booger, but found it awkward or offensive.

That's the reasons why with season 95 the name was changed to just "Hooger" as you can see on my earlier bike.

If I'm not mistaken, in 1996 the entire brand was stopped.

i've got a 'patrol' trials bike from ~1990. origianlly purchased in germany. e-stay, tange mtb tubing, bash guard.

cost all of US$75 in the local CL. brand new CR20 rims on american classic (freewheel) hubs, xc-pro drivetrain (now subbed for SS), maggie hs-11 brakes, zoom stem/post. BB was shot and crank was cheap...still need these to be ridable.

booger.jpg
piccy ?

Back