Any info on this Dawes?

Re: .

Grannygrinder":26xuztmr said:
Looks like the Ranger model that i'm after, might be slightly newer though.
V.nice i am quite jealous :D

If I were to strip this, do you fancy the frame Mike?

It needs some serious TLC but you could have it for nowt. BTW you ever do anything with that Muddy Fox frame that sent your way with Dave (daj)?

I'd 'ave your arm off :LOL: :LOL:

Re MF; Its currently work in progress for my son to use this summer as he's fed up slogging about on BMX's :D

poweredbypies":1yfh2qsk said:
That from the scrappy by your works? was gonna check in there :LOL:

No mate, I've started visiting that scrappy on my breaks but no luck yet, he hasn't been set up that long.

This is from my top secret scrappy where I've had a fair bit of success. The biggest pile of BSO's you'll ever see but the odd gem in there.

Pm me if you want to know where it is, I'll take you there in the boot, blindfolded. :LOL:

its a countryman my boss used to have one complete with the deore friction shifters and the wienmann grips. i dont think the ranger was 531 but i might be wrong

Chute55uk":23dv842x said:
its a countryman my boss used to have one complete with the deore friction shifters and the wienmann grips. i dont think the ranger was 531 but i might be wrong

The Ranger was 531 too. This could be either a Countryman or a Ranger. the components look period therefore likely original, so if you know someone who had the same kit on a Countryman then that's the likely answer, although the RH shifter on this one is SIS that'll be more to do with date than model

So most likely a Countryman

6 speed SIS what does that make it 86/87?

well by memory he had the bike when i started and that was in 87 it was at least a year old then

Back