And today I did......

As Keith said, nice bike but you do know that here endeth your retro bike riding as you'll enjoy your new modern bike too much......
Ask me how I know.

Never mind though the above post shows others are still on or just starting out on the retro trail with not one but 2 bikes. Braw.

Cheers Keith, Jock, it will do a turn. Jack will need to save up if he wants another bike, and find somewhere to store it! Also not sure how I’ll get on with this bike yet, think I still prefer the retro rides. Only had a short ride about the doors on the new bike, it’s no match for the Explosif on the trails around here. I guess each has its place.

Today we leave the Island for the last time, upping sticks and moving house to sunny Dornoch, back to civilisation and close family…. me after 5 years here and the Mrs after 29!

Been a mental hectic few weeks organising everything but will be worth it once we’re settled. It’s a beautiful part of the world and loads of biking too with the trails at Golspie close by…. can’t wait! 😎

That'll be some change! I think you'll miss the islands, but there's lots to make up for it on the mainland, Learnie red rocks not too far from you either. And, well, just all around much simpler to get to places from the mainland 👍🏻

I'm sure Brian & Jamie will have you beating a path down some long forgotten trails in no time 😅

Aye cheers Jim!

Did Learnie when I lived in Inverness years back when I had the Salsa Ti.

Yes I will miss the Island, but my Mum died the first year there and I always felt guilty about not being around for Dad, then Covid came along and that put paid to any visiting, so being back on the mainland and able to see him again will be great!

Love all around that area, and Dornoch is about a quarter the size of Stornoway so should be nice. The school role was around 1500…. it’s 180 in Dornoch! 😂

Love all around that area, and Dornoch is about a quarter the size of Stornoway so should be nice. The school role was around 1500…. it’s 180 in Dornoch! 😂
Welcome back to the (b)right side! Although I'm not that far away I almost never ride out that way mostly because I'd have to deal with the A9 to get there and it's not much fun on a bike but there are a lot of nice roads around and guaranteed to be quite a lot of nice off-roads too. Post up the ride photos as you discover them!

Back