And so it begins...again - the Fire Mountain weight Loss project

So I've bought an Ashima rotor. Stupidly light. But front brakes all the same, whereas at the minute I have none lol

I think seat post saddle and a frame repaint next

Nice build love to see a light bike approach and love the old kona frames hope you'll keep it !
You can still loose a bit of weight on that seatpost with an easton carbon for exemple and maybe going with oldschool sram xo carbon mech/shifters, why not some crossmax SL, you're not interested going full disc brakes with a welded mount on the rear ?

Interested by your feedback on the toseek I would like to order one to replace a broken fatty on an old cannondale volvo frame, also it was just one for 27£ or there is multiples of them ?

Hey Vital,

The toseek was a one off, they're about £85 new

The weave is a bit messed up but generally they look ok. I won't be doing anything heavy so dont think I'll be able to vouch for the strength of them.

I bought the 27.5er as I always ran 100mm+ forks so seemed to fit with how I like it.

Ill be keeping the FM.....for another project later on...I've bought a 2011 Kona Kula Gold frame and just waiting for delivery! So still a Kona thread, and still weight loss!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I love a bit of weight weenieing I got my 98 lava dome down to about 22lb
Paul I liked your post but never replied! I'm almost built up so will see what weight I can get the FM down too. Imagine I'll start buying bits that I can transfer into the frame I've acquired later down the line.

I'm still looking at 24-26 but realistically, if I'm spending, I want to be down around 20-22!

Bloody post mount new forks stupid rotor spacing rubbish!!

So I get me new Ashima 160mm rotor, fit it up, get the caliper on...grrr...the rotor is catching the inner edge of the caliper, not even the pad.

Can anyone confirm on a BB7 if I can space out the inner using some of the mount spacers?

I SHOULD have gotten a photo.....will look tomorrow!

I think it can be done. Just another pain in the butt to change ;)

Back