98 Marin Alpine Trail - Baby Bumble Bee - New Pix

xizang

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just picked this up. A 1998 Marin Alpine Trail with a Mount Vision rear end.
I wanted a frame to build up into a short travel ride as the Ogun with 6" on the back and 8" on the front isn't really any good for pootling/climbing on.

The only pic I have is of the frame but I started throwing it together this afternoon.

I'm stripping down my Mr.Hyde for most of the parts :?

It'll be a baby Bumble Bee scheme with it being mainly black, yellow & silver.

I've a Fox Vanilla R shock coming for it as the shock fitted isn't up to much.

Parts list to be updated when it's done!!!!

Attachments

• Alpine Vision frame.jpg
    Alpine Vision frame.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9,301
That looks brand new rob, looking forward to more pic's ;)

I have one of these (mount vision 1997)and can't wait to see what yours looks like :D
I quite like the yellow as mine is all silver(which is good for matching parts to) but also a bit bland :roll: :D

marin man":2f566vhr said:
I have one of these (mount vision 1997)and can't wait to see what yours looks like :D
I quite like the yellow as mine is all silver(which is good for matching parts to) but also a bit bland :roll: :D

It's an Alpine Trail. Quite a hideous original rear end. I'm just glad it was upgraded before I had it.

Colours should be easy to match as most of my kit is either black or silver :LOL:

xizang":8hmbcqnx said:
marin man":8hmbcqnx said:

It's an Alpine Trail. Quite a hideous original rear end. I'm just glad it was upgraded before I had it.

Colours should be easy to match as most of my kit is either black or silver :LOL:

I thought that all these marin fs frames are generic and where just built up differently ;) :?: I even think that the geometry is almost the same.Should look A1 though :D

Yes you are correct,That original back end was HIDEOUS but the front end is exactly the same as a mount vision / wolf ridge / etc. etc. They used the same frame shape for all these models,some may have been a bit lighter but they where essentially the same.Have a look at my mount vision spinergy rev x , and you will see the likeness.They where an excellent frame as, if you look at the modern orange fs frames some of them are almost the same,so marin obviously got it right. :cool: :cool:

marin man":2te2azaj said:
Yes you are correct,That original back end was HIDEOUS but the front end is exactly the same as a mount vision / wolf ridge / etc. etc. They used the same frame shape for all these models,some may have been a bit lighter but they where essentially the same.Have a look at my mount vision spinergy rev x , and you will see the likeness.They where an excellent frame as, if you look at the modern orange fs frames some of them are almost the same,so marin obviously got it right. :cool: :cool:

I used to have a '99 Rift Zone. You're right about weight though. I think the higher end frames were/should've been butted. All 6061 ally though.

I f you have a look on the weight weenies site you will see something amazing.....The mount vision frame from 1997/1998 was about the lightest susp. frame that was available.(there are only about two that are lighter on that list and they are far more modern amazing) :cool: :cool:

Had a bit of spare time today so got on with the build.
Just got to add a chain and sort the gears.
No rear gear cable in the pic just the outer. I found a new pack of cables as I was packing up. Got it back out to fit the cables!!!
Waiting for the new shock and seatpost shim to be delivered.
Apparently the postie called today at 1015, I got back to my house at 9.50 :evil:
Have to wait 24 hours to pick up but the sorting office is closed on Sunday. It also closes at 4.30 on weekdays, I finish work at 4.30 :evil: :evil:
Will have to wait until next Friday to pick up the goodies.

Attachments

• Marin Alpine Trail update 15-05-2010 (3).JPG
    Marin Alpine Trail update 15-05-2010 (3).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 9,200
  • Marin Alpine Trail update 15-05-2010 (1).JPG
    Marin Alpine Trail update 15-05-2010 (1).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 9,200
  • Marin Alpine Trail update 15-05-2010 (2).JPG
    Marin Alpine Trail update 15-05-2010 (2).JPG
    80 KB · Views: 9,200
Back