94 Muddy Fox Monarch Ultra

Had a bit of a rethink on this after sourcing some XT parts. Also, after using some digital/ accurate(!) scales the component weights have been adjusted accordingly! Got some 737 canti's and a crankset in place of the earlier XT brakes and the LX cranks. Also got some period correct XT shifters:) The handlebar's going to be a generic/ Saracen(?) just because I want the silver ATM, rather than the carbon black...
I'll get some more photo's up at some point.
Meanwhile here's the revised spreadsheet!?

1674296649771.png

All finished today, bar the fine-fettling :)
I'll get some pictures up after the first ride- maybe tomorrow but depends on the weather.
I've come to accept the fact that my progress on all these machines tends to be glacial, at best!
Still, she's done for the time being, unless I decide on a repaint at some time in the future:p
(Now...what shall I do next...?!)

:cool: looks a great ride, good choice of components too.

:cool: looks a great ride, good choice of components too.
Thanks mk one- I've not ridden a rigid for many a year, so I've been a little tentative- but it certainly feels good to ride.:D
I'm pretty pleased component-wise, although the left shifter needs one helluva shove to get in the big ring?!🤔 Don't know if the ratchet's a bit tired...other than that though I think it's a keeper!

Just had a fettle of the left shifter while swapping a couple of the canti's round (I had a long on the back and a short on the front:rolleyes: ): amazing what a bit of oil can do:D:p...

Back