94 Muddy Fox Monarch Ultra

Picked this up from @retrobikeguy last week. I was on the lookout for a 94 Monarch Team- it being what I thought was the top spec steel MF variety of that year. Never really heard of this model but on perusing my 94/5 MF catalogue there IS a picture! It's on the penultimate page and it's one of the team bikes. The guy sitting on it with a big goofy grin is either Rob Holden, Chris Young or Fred Salmon (according to the team info). So it's not a production model, it would seem...

Any more pictures coming?
There will be:) I'm still cleaning it up and deciding what to do with it (meaning how to do it justice!)- initially it was going to be a straight replacement for the Monarch Sport, frame-wise, but the more I look at it the more I want to restore it/ make a new bike of it...

Good to see this getting turned back into a rideable bike by someone, Not sure how this was specced as stock but but if it helps when it came to me it had a few parts still fitted, XT M737 derailleurs, SRT800 Xray gripshift, Ritchey logic cantilevers and Dia compe levers.
would be cool to see some scans of the 94 brochure for the archives.

Enjoy

Good to see this getting turned back into a rideable bike by someone, Not sure how this was specced as stock but but if it helps when it came to me it had a few parts still fitted, XT M737 derailleurs, SRT800 Xray gripshift, Ritchey logic cantilevers and Dia compe levers.
would be cool to see some scans of the 94 brochure for the archives.

Enjoy
I'll keep a look out for those parts. I've been meaning to scan the catalogue- it WILL happen:)

Were not the frames all the same with the Pro/Team/Ultra just denoting the spec?

Latest posts

Back