BoTY 44Racing's 1994 Kona Hei Hei is the 2021 Bike of the Year

Bike of The Year
@44Racing took the top spot in the poll to win the Bike of the Year competition for 2021. It was close between the top three, with @retrobikeguy's Jo Burt tribute Zinn just two votes behind the Kona and @daveyla's Pace RC200 F1, formerly Richard Thackray's race bike, coming in third. Click here to see the full field of entrants and their build threads.

4.jpeg

Just picked up a 94 hei hei medium frame....
Nice 👍

Technically there is no such thing as a medium Hei Hei frame, just specific sizes in inches. The size will be displayed on the underside of the bottom bracket along with the frame number

Nice 👍

Technically there is no such thing as a medium Hei Hei frame, just specific sizes in inches. The size will be displayed on the underside of the bottom bracket along with the frame number
17"....in the process of getting a Marzochi XC500 fork for the build

Nice 👍

My frame has no cantilever studs/bolts and metal plate? that coincides with mounting of rear brakes....can you enlighten me and explain what I have been told I'm in need of?.....the studs/bolts are kind of self explanatory ( unless there special to the frame) but the metal plate has me scratching my head. If you have pics that would help and you could PM if choose......thanks

My frame has no cantilever studs/bolts and metal plate? that coincides with mounting of rear brakes....can you enlighten me and explain what I have been told I'm in need of?.....the studs/bolts are kind of self explanatory ( unless there special to the frame) but the metal plate has me scratching my head. If you have pics that would help and you could PM if choose......thanks
What do you mean “metal plate” ?

Your right...that was my initial response to the metal plates.... obviously I was misinformed. Looking to go with a set of Marzocchi XC500 forks with my build....you wouldn't happen to have set?

Latest posts

Back