BoTY 44Racing's 1994 Kona Hei Hei is the 2021 Bike of the Year

Bike of The Year
@44Racing took the top spot in the poll to win the Bike of the Year competition for 2021. It was close between the top three, with @retrobikeguy's Jo Burt tribute Zinn just two votes behind the Kona and @daveyla's Pace RC200 F1, formerly Richard Thackray's race bike, coming in third. Click here to see the full field of entrants and their build threads.

4.jpeg

Wow....real cool! I forgot about topline cranks. I got into riding mtb's in the mid 90's and so much of my revisiting my roots (hardtails) is rediscovering things and bikes that were out of reach for me financially at the time and items and bikes I was unaware of....anyway real cool bike👍

Wow....real cool! I forgot about topline cranks. I got into riding mtb's in the mid 90's and so much of my revisiting my roots (hardtails) is rediscovering things and bikes that were out of reach for me financially at the time and items and bikes I was unaware of....anyway real cool bike👍
Mate I was the same…I basically build the bikes now that I could never afford back in the day.

Do you still have that auqua blue Zaskar frame? I have an acid green 98 Zaskar LE that is a 18 inch frame and would like to trade for a medium 16 inch....I do have a set of decals from Gil that I have not gotten around to applying

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_101357716_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20210731_101357716_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 42
Do you still have that auqua blue Zaskar frame? I have an acid green 98 Zaskar LE that is a 18 inch frame and would like to trade for a medium 16 inch....I do have a set of decals from Gil that I have not gotten around to applying
No that was sold ages ago

Back