2005 Santa Cruz Blur LT lockdown 2 build

I owned a 2003 Blur XC.

Fantastic frame/bike.

Mine was the anodised grey one. Not seen that colour before so I'm wondering if that was a special order job. I'd heard they did that but if that's the case, then that bike must have been imported at some time in its' life as they only did that for US residents.

Yeah my mate always swore the last of the blur xc's was the fastest bike he ever rode down our local woods. It's really stop/start, so he still maintains that even though the new Blur 29er (incredible bike) is ridiculously quick, the 26" bike would be quicker because of its acceleration.

I asked the gaffer the other day and he said to email him the details as he's got some catalogues knocking around the office.
He came through with this today and said when he saw the description of it "Black Chrome", he knew it was the one. Apparently it had a reputation for being the nicest, shiniest of finishes, but as soon as you breathed near it, it could "dull" very easily.
IMG_20210413_163706__01.jpg

IMG_20210413_163733__01.jpg

IMG_20210413_163802__01.jpg

Pretty sure like the original Blur, the top top was dipped on the small and medium and straight on the large and x large frames.

Looking at the pictures, that looks like a large so maybe they changed it for this model ?

This is definitely a large frame. The research I did showed that the blur xc was a straight top tube and the LT was the kinked top tube. Although I may be wrong!

I just recently picked 05 Blur XC frame. It is a large (19.5" ST) frame with bend in the top tube like my old large (19.5") Super Lite. I was going to buy an 05 medium (17" ST) Blur Classic frame which had a straight top tube from the same seller. I believe, but am not positive, large and XL Blur XC/Classic frames had the curve in the TT and the medium and small had a straight TT. I'm not sure what the difference between the Classic and the XC are except the Classic production went from 02-05 and the XC production went from 05-08. I did notice the 05 classic serial number started with 05.... and my 05 XC serial number started with zed05... I wonder if that is how SC kept track of which frame was which in 2005. As you can see this covid lock down has me thinking and wondering way too much.

Hello Retro Bike Gang!
My Santa Cruz BlurLT 1.0 is going on 18 years old now. It has some wounds n'stuff. But otherwise it has been my regular ride this whole time. I upgraded with 1x11 grip shift, tubeless wheels from Stans. Sram RSC brakes and a cool Reisel Design mud guard for the fork crown. New stem and bars. I scored a huge win last summer when I found someone was throwing away some perfectly good Maxxis DHF 26"x2.5 tires. If a good set of free tires are like hitting gold. Then these were like hitting platinum!

Otherwise the bike is original. Shock leaks, pivots "move freely" and the shock is good although it does not lock out any more.

Question:
Has anyone found a dropper post on the market that would fit the S/M size?
The amount of post I have showing is 5 1/4 inches (from top of seat post collar to saddle rail). All the after market items I have found so far are way too long while in the fully extended position.

Thanks again and hopefully there are some ideas out there!

Back