1998 Kona Hei Hei Pipmeister

Ackers

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So, I was very fortunate to pick this up at the end of last year from a forum member. I've had quite a few Kona's over the years from a Hot, Explosif, Kilauea down to a trusty Hahanna.....but never a Hei Hei. Needless to say, I was chuffed to bits when this arrived. I know its history and I'm keen to start this build thread. To get it up and running I'm going to transfer everything over from another bike but this will probably evolve over time. Initially it will be single speed but will probably get gears. I've sourced some very nice period correct TB P2's for it and the rest of the kit that will go on it will be; King headset, Hope XC/Mavic 517 wheelset with matching skewers, Thomson stem and Easton bars, RaceFace Turbine cranks with Middleburn 32t chainring, SKF ISIS bottom bracket, 18t Chris King rear cog, Paul's Melvin guide, Thomson post and a reissue Ti Flite. Brakes will be orange HS33's which are mint and I think will add a nice bit of colour but may well source some XTR V's. Here's a couple of pics of the frame and forks and I'll hopefully start building it up in the next few weeks :cool:
20220129_101511.JPG 20220129_101527.JPG 20220129_101520.JPG
Will update soon!

Back