1997 (with newish 1996 decals) Kona Hei Hei -17”

Rambo Mambo

Kona Fan
IMG_0387.jpeg IMG_0388.jpeg IMG_0389.jpeg IMG_0390.jpeg IMG_0392.jpeg IMG_0393.jpeg IMG_0395.jpeg IMG_0396.jpeg IMG_0397.jpeg IMG_0398.jpeg

Hi all,

This is my very first post on RB and I’m quite excited to share a very special bike, one which I’ve always wanted to own and build. I know it’s not completely finished but when the chain arrives I’ll complete it.

It’s been a pleasure to work on it and I think my off the wall mature comes through with the parts I’ve chosen. Definitely a marmite build but I like it!

I’d be really interested to hear what comes to people’s minds when they view these shots and if there is any appeal to buy it I’d be pleased to let it go to a new home owing to 3 or more titanium bikes which I am more enamoured with.

Here’s the build details (approx 9.5kg):

Shimano XTR 952 9 speed front and rear mech

Sunrace 9 speed top mounts

KCNC 9 speed cassette (superlight)

Middleburn 175mm cranks - some wear to the arms as per photos

Carbon and titanium BB in unused condition. It’s only just been installed - super light.

Shimano XT v brake and Real Design Brake levers

Syncros Stem 100mm 25.4mm clamp size 28.6mm steerer

X-Lite titanium bar

Immaculate Rock Shox World Cup Sid forks. These have the carbon crown and steerer and weigh in at 1298g

USE seatpost with new decal

Selle Italia reissue titanium rail saddle

KCNC seat clamp

Chris King gun smoke headset in excellent condition

Wheels are brilliant condition Hope TiGlide and Mavic SUP rims

Michelin Wildgripper tyres in great shape - pretty much NOS

That’s very nice!
I would love to own a Hei Hei.
What’s the history of the bike? Have you owned it long?

That’s very nice!
I would love to own a Hei Hei.
What’s the history of the bike? Have you owned it long?
Hi I am the second owner. I bought it from a friend of a friend and it’s been completely rebuffed by him and decals installed. It’s a beautiful bike.

Reactions: JCS
Frame number KH17053 for the record.
Also stamped Made in USA on the BB shell

Lovely! Do you have a pic of the BB shell with the SN stamped? I'll add it to the register 👍

KH means it's actually a 1999 Hei Hei. It has all top tube routing too, so all the right indicators for that year. Also, can you see any red or orange paint inside, as overspray, the head-tube?

Lovely! Do you have a pic of the BB shell with the SN stamped? I'll add it to the register 👍

KH means it's actually a 1999 Hei Hei. It has all top tube routing too, so all the right indicators for that year. Also, can you see any red or orange paint inside, as overspray, the head-tube?
IMG_0370.png

Back