1997 Kona Explosif Frame Gold - Lost in post with My Hermes.

Re: Re:

Spudly":2mrtviul said:
Our local driver for them is really good and I've not had anything disappear with her delivering, but obviously she is only the last link in the chain and it seems things like this happen with the collection drivers or as they go through whatever sorting hubs they have!

I should have said the same thing earlier when I criticized them. Our local driver - at the moment at least - is superb but we've had some shockers too.

al-onestare":wvyhxbzm said:
I should have said the same thing earlier when I criticized them. Our local driver - at the moment at least - is superb but we've had some shockers too.

Aye I consider myself lucky when it comes to things being delivered by them (usually chainreaction, although they have switched to royal fail of late, i wonder why) whereas a mate at work has had a few parcels that have been delivered (apparently) to his local collection point due to him being at work and whilst most places were on lockdown, they refused to deliver to industries as they (wrongfully) assumed they would be closed, and he has never seen any of them, a couple apparently 'he' sent back, one just plain disappeared, but thankfully he got refunds on them all!

So after his faffing (obviously different area/driver) I would never trust them to deliver a text message :LOL:

I dont think its fair to call RM royal fail, because compared to other out there, hermes especially its night and day.
Of the thousand odd packets, boxes and parcels ive sent over the last 10 years, those sent by RM recorded all arrived without issue, bar a few, which were returned to my door a few weeks later.
Other companies cant even get it to you the first time, let alone try to return, or first find, then return wherever it was that driver left it.

Was waiting an a set of C2's about a year ago. Seller sent hermes and after 2 weeks I asked for the details.
Been delivered. Again, how many times are we seeing "Been Delivered" on their site ?. Something at least I've never had with royal mail.
They couldnt access so decided to leave the 'sorry you were out note' 3 f%ing doors along the road of multiple occupancy tenements I found the note, though I got the brakes first. They had been left in a shop around the corner, some 100m away. And not a shop that receives parcels, the owner agreed because they knew I was local.

Far as the driver is concerned the jobs a good 'un.
I think the prob is RM pay their postmen, but companies like hermes only pay if it is delivered, and theres no where to store undelivered stock, so the driver either drives back and forth each time or day, and has to keep it with him until it is delivered and only then gets paid. So it is easy to understand why they put it anywhere and that entire system should be a warning that if it is important, or you dont want to walk into a nightmare in the middle of this pandemic, dont use anyone other than RM. Because they are paid if its delivered or not, and they have the infrastructure to hold, return to sender, warehouses all over the UK, so its easy for them to take it back to be resent or picked up.
The private company just doesnt have this and as a result though the fees might be a quid or three less, the public pays by poor service.

dyna-ti":3ediix83 said:
I think the prob is RM pay their postmen, but companies like hermes only pay if it is delivered, and theres no where to store undelivered stock, so the driver either drives back and forth each time or day, and has to keep it with him until it is delivered and only then gets paid. So it is easy to understand why they put it anywhere and that entire system should be a warning that if it is important, or you dont want to walk into a nightmare in the middle of this pandemic, dont use anyone other than RM. Because they are paid if its delivered or not, and they have the infrastructure to hold, return to sender, warehouses all over the UK, so its easy for them to take it back to be resent or picked up.
The private company just doesnt have this and as a result though the fees might be a quid or three less, the public pays by poor service.

Pretty much this. They (RM) have lost items in the past, and i had a spell of damaged items, though i realized that it was every parcel with fragile or handle with care on the box, since i have stopped putting that or receiving items with that on the damage has stopped. In the end though i would prefer to pay a bit extra for an established company to handle my parcels. It may be a little cheaper but if you start adding on compensation it soon catches up.

Anyway, i see the frame is still for sale, hopefully will get sorted sooner than later. Its good also that most potential buyers are likely to be on this site so are aware.

Re:

Tbf I wasn't intending any name calling when referring to royal mail as 'royal fail' I've just always called them that, the same way i call Hermes 'myherpes' and parcel force 'parcelfarce' its just one of those things I always do, and my phone has actually learned them and even if I type them correctly, it either suggests, or 'corrects' them to my commonly used names :LOL:

Re:

sadly everyone says how bad they are until they have to pay for some delivery and then there is a lot of coughing and spluttering and people conveniently forget. I won't use if I can help it and remember and not used them in over 2 years. I bought some forks on here delvered by MyHermes and they were just left on the doorstep as a reminder. Since then I didn't buy something else when the seller said he would only use them. I voted with my wallet which is about all that can be done.

Spudly":2pe64xls said:
Tbf I wasn't intending any name calling when referring to royal mail as 'royal fail':

Actually I was wondering if i'd maybe been a bit strong of a rebuttal, though in truth it wasnt meant as such, it was just in reply. The same could have been penned omitting your observation :) and nothing else could have been inferred other than another horror story.

We've all been in that damaged frame scenario with parcelfarce ;) :LOL:

Back